Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022-71 - Rare "No-NASA" Variant - Vintage Chronograph

1. toddle321 Dec 28, 2017

For sale is a 145.022-71 Omega Speedmaster with the rare No-NASA caseback. The no-NASA variant is mentioned in Moonwatch Only and Fratello also did a great write-up on them about a year ago.

The watch was purchased from the original owner in the US. He had been discharged after Vietnam service and used some of his savings to purchase a new Speedmaster once back in the U.S. The original owner claimed it had never been serviced and sat in his nightstand drawer after he had kids. It's in outstanding condition, with the exception of scratches on the case back from a couple careless attempts to open the watch before visiting a jeweler.

Dial/Hands– The original step dial and hands are in outstanding condition, and have aged consistently.

Bezel - The original bezel is in great condition, with very light surface scratches from wear.

Case - The case is sharp. The case back shows scratches from an opening attempt without proper tools , and there is a small engraving on the case back edge of a 7 digit number

Crown/Pushers/Crystal - Original

Movement - The original owner claimed it had never been serviced - if it has, the service was long ago. I wound it a few turns (crown was very tight) and it runs and chrono operates, but this watch definitely needs a service if you're going to wear it.

Accessories - The watch is sold on it's original 1175 bracelet (Clasp is only stamped with no. 12) with 47 end links. It fits my 7 inch wrist well with a little bit of room, if you have a large wrist you will likely need links

Asking $8,450 US (net to me) shipped in the CONUS via FedEx with Parcel Pro. International shipment is via FedEx with ParcelPro at cost less $30. Payment accepted via paypal (with references), Chase Quickpay or wire.

References are available by request or in the feedback section of the forum.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional pics. Thanks OF for the space!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG
  2. toddle321 Jan 2, 2018

Bump into 2018!