Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022-69 DON "Tropical Bullseye Dial"

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder May 30, 2020

I’m offering up for sale a watch that I’ve greatly enjoyed over the past year. Unfortunately, I have too many Speedies and have some large (non-watch) expenses looming, so very tough decisions had to be made. I’m sure the next owner will appreciate it as much as I have. On to the condition report:

Dial: I call this my tropical “bullseye” Speedy, as the dial has taken on an extremely unique tropical color in the center of all sundials and near the center hand stack. The outer edge of the watch also has taken on a lighter shade. The lume plots all showcase matching creamy patina and all indices are intact. This is an amazing dial to examine under a loupe, and despite its terrific condition and tropical qualities, I am not pricing it as a true tropical dial.

Hands: Original handset is in very good shape overall, with matching patina that glows / fades at the same rate as the dial plots. No loss of paint or repainting is visible under a loupe. The minute hand has small lume loss in a couple areas, but otherwise, the handset is perfect.

Case: Case is very sharp, with a small layer of surface swirls and minor scratches. Facets are extremely sharp on all lugs / surfaces. I believe the case may have been lightly polished at some point in its life, but clearly done by a knowledgable watchmaker, as the case lines are razor sharp and finishing / brushing is to factory spec. Caseback is in good condition as well as the pre-moon Hippocampus engraving.

Bezel: Original "dot over ninety" bezel is in excellent condition. I don't think I need to point out the value of the bezel alone in today's market.

Movement / Functionality: The movement, with correct serial for this reference (29638XXX), is clean and pictured in detail below. The crown is a little tight upon the first 2-3 winds, but winds freely after that. The watch keeps good time (I do not formally time my watches but the power reserve lasts two days and I have not noticed any loss of accuracy in the year that I’ve been wearing it). Chronograph functions crisply and accurately with no issues and also resets perfectly.

Accessories: The watch is being sold with a 1039 flat link bracelet and correct 516 end links. Clasp code correctly dates to 1969. Bracelet is very tight and is in terrific condition. The bracelet is currently sized to my 7” wrist but I will also include one removable link if required by the ultimate buyer (if you have a 7.25" wrist or larger, let me know).

My asking price is $8,000, which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Denver is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space. 5.12.20-1.jpg 5.10.20-2.jpg 5.10.20-1.jpg 5.10.20-3.jpg 5.10.20-4.jpg 5.10.20-5.jpg 5.10.20-6.jpg 5.10.20-7.jpg 5.10.20-8.jpg 5.10.20-9.jpg 5.11.20-1.jpg 5.11.20-2.jpg 8-21-19-1.jpg

Edited Jul 11, 2020
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 3, 2020

Bump

Seaborg likes this.
  3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 7, 2020

Sunday bump - open to offers (no trades), as well as a head-only sale for a lower price (to be negotiated)
    5.12.20-1.jpg

4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 12, 2020

Bump and material price change - I had priced this according to the most recent price chart on Speedmaster101.com but acknowledge that perhaps the market is a bit soft at the moment. Good buying opportunity!

eugeneandresson likes this.
  5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 19, 2020

Bump, open to offers

6. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 25, 2020

Bump, price drop

7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 30, 2020

Bump

8. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 5, 2020

Uploading a video to truly show off how good this example is.

beerbelly, Stas, Dial & Bezel and 5 others like this.
  9. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 11, 2020

Bump and final price drop. If it doesn't sell at this level, I will simply withdraw and wait.

10. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 22, 2020

Sold to a great forum member