Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Speedmaster 145.012 -67 Creamy Patina, Mint DON, Sharp Case, and Extract ordered

1. sog00d Nov 28, 2018

Hello OF,

Condition, condition, condition! Up for grabs is a vintage 1967 Omega Speedmaster Professional ref: 145.012-67 in beautiful condition considering its age. This piece is all original/period correct, with light creamy patina, a mint collector grade DON bezel, and an extremely thick case with sharp facets. The Omega Extract of the Archives has been ordered and will be supplied to the buyer once I've received it from Omega. This piece is just waiting to enter your collection!

Non-light box or processed photos added as requested.

Model: 145.012-67
    Serial: 26.5XX.XXX

Dial: Beautiful light creamy patina stepped dial with correct applied logo, and close spaced "Ts". Dial is in perfect condition except the 10 o'clock tritium hour indices has bit more white in it probably from a loss of tritium due to age. Please review pictures.

Hands: Original tritium hands that are great shape

Case: The HF asymmetrical case has probably been lightly polished in the past but is very thick and in incredible condition. All facet lines are visible and still sharp. There is minor wear to the case due to age but no major dings or large scratches. This case is in beautiful condition considering the age of this piece.

Bezel: The DON (Dot Over Ninty) bezel is absolutely mint. No dings or scratches. This is a collector grade bezel.

Movement: Very clean Cal 321 that runs, keeps good time, with chrono functions working properly. No known service history. I will add pictures soon.

Caseback: Crisp hippocampus engraving in extremely good condition

Accessories: This piece comes on a brand new Crown & Buckle Supreme grey nato. I've also ordered the Omega Extract of the Archives, which I will ship to the buyer if it doesn't arrive before this piece sells.

Asking price is $10,650 wired or PayPal F&F. Two day air fully insured CONUS shipping is included.

I am willing to trade for a tritium Rolex GMT. In this order: 16760, 1675 + cash, 16750, 16700.

A little light on feedback on the forums
    - https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-deal-with-sog00d.85908/
    - I have sold a Heuer Autavia Jo Siffert LE on WUS that is awaiting feedback from the buyer
    - Omega Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday 2 Ultraman.

I've also included my eBay profile as I have a bunch of feedback there:
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/sog00d

Thank you for looking!

IMG_6984.jpg
    IMG_6982.jpg
    IMG_6983.jpg
    IMG_6986.jpg
    IMG_6971.jpg
    IMG_6977.jpg

IMG_6904.png IMG_6905.png IMG_6919.png IMG_6920.png IMG_6921.png IMG_6922.png IMG_6923.png IMG_6924.png IMG_6929.png IMG_6952.JPG IMG_6953.JPG IMG_6954.JPG IMG_6955.JPG IMG_6958.JPG IMG_6961.JPG IMG_6963.JPG IMG_6962.JPG IMG_6964.JPG

Edited Dec 4, 2018
    shishy, n-theory, Spacefruit and 17 others like this.
  2. Cuttysark Nov 28, 2018

CONDITIONS :eek:

3. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 28, 2018

Do you have an explanation to the hands hue/condition difference? Have any been replaced while the watch was in your possession?

4. sog00d Nov 28, 2018

They have not been touched while in my possession. And the previous owner hadn’t touched the hands in the 13 years that he owned it. Not sure why the hour and minutes hands have aged darker.

kov likes this.
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 28, 2018

Er...it is because they do.
    Matchy match hands and dial is a big red flag to me. (or at least means further investigation).
    May I respectfully suggest you show us some less processed photos?
    I find it hard to judge the state of the watch, which does look good, but for example the subdials are showing rings of white around the edges.
    Certainly that bezel does look unblemished, which is a positive,
    Anyway best of luck with sale.

airansun, Isac, Kmart and 4 others like this.
  6. mancio Nov 28, 2018

So is it true that hands and dial, should not perfectly match because they aged differently and that hands should always be a touch darker...?

shishy, lando and flqt-9000 like this.
  7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 28, 2018

I would say that there should be no expectation that hands and dial match. As I understand it, they would be likely to come from different suppliers and / or at different times to the factory.

I agree with spacefruit that hands that perfectly match the dial is a flag for me.

ext1, airansun, Isac and 6 others like this.
  8. sog00d Nov 28, 2018

Yup, will do shortly. I agree, I’m not a fan of a light box and how the watch gets highlighted. There just isn’t any natural light right now in Seattle. Thanks for the comments and suggestion!

snarkq and Spacefruit like this.
  9. mr_yossarian Nov 28, 2018

No. They can though. Depends on many variables, from sun, humidity, storage time, wear time and of course from where ( or whom) the watch in question comes from. So not every matching dial patina and hand colour is per se alarming..and the other way around. And of course the degree of deviation or match also.

ext1, Spacefruit, Atalien2005 and 2 others like this.
  10. ICONO Nov 28, 2018

As a Professional Advertising Photographer with well over, a Quarter of a Century experience

I can categorically assure you, that simply using a light box…has absolutely nothing to do, with ‘processing the image’

That is a specious argument…

BenBagbag likes this.
  11. sog00d Nov 28, 2018

Well I can tell you post processing doesn’t add those blown out highlights on the case sides and crystal, that is my light box doing its thing. I’ve done nothing with colour saturation or hues to affect these images. Only tweaks to the levels to play with black white contrast to make it more crisp. Anyway, I’ll post a natural light shot later if the sun comes out. As you can tell I’m far from a professional photographer just trying to share some shots that showcase the piece.

snarkq likes this.
  12. ICONO Nov 28, 2018

Put very simply…The lightbox itself does not cause highlights to appear over exposed…( it’s whole purpose is to prevent that ! )

That culprit, is the actual light source itself…it is too strong, and insufficiently ‘balanced’…it is too specular / directional, & the intensity has not been muted / rendered ambient

Suspect you are using a single artificial light source…be it tungsten or flash…

To obtain balance, one requires a second symmetrical placed light source on the other side of the frame… to create ‘copy lighting’ … in other words a more even light distribution…that can be correctly ( & acceptably ) exposed for

Actually ‘ post processing’ can radically alter an image…& again, I suspect the highlights in this image, have been accentuated by your own liberal use of the levels that affect contrast

It makes for a dynamic, dramatic image !…but definitive accuracy, goes out of the window

eugeneandresson and JanV like this.
  13. sog00d Nov 30, 2018

Bump

14. 88cut Nov 30, 2018

They usually are

15. sog00d Dec 1, 2018

Bump

16. sog00d Dec 4, 2018

Price reduced to $10,650!