Omega Speedmaster 105.012-64 Cal. 321: New Acquisition

Posts
296
Likes
360
Agreed to purchase this watch and I'm picking it up Saturday. These are dealer pics.

I had to sell my well used 145.022-69 and a couple other watches to afford it, but the condition is ATTRACTIVE.

1506 bracket, full linked I believe.

Asymmetric "t Swiss t"

Excited to see it in person and finally have an early 60's Speedmaster (something I've been wanting since I bought my first one 20 years ago!)

 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
Congrats, it sounds like you are really going to enjoy it!
 
Posts
6,461
Likes
21,976
Sweet! Time to visit Air and Space Museum in DC, Kennedy Space Center and Johnson Space Center with your watch.
 
Posts
296
Likes
360
Sweet! Time to visit Air and Space Museum in DC, Kennedy Space Center and Johnson Space Center with your watch.
Pretty sure last time I was there I had my 145.022-69 (that I just sold) 😃

 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
Pretty sure last time I was there I had my 145.022-69 (that I just sold) 😃


My Speedy is a 145.022-69 Straight Writing. I'll never sell it.
Edited:
 
Posts
3,596
Likes
7,812
Great looking Speedy! Please share more photos when you can.
 
Posts
2,625
Likes
5,856
What a nice watch!
Congrats!
Fine 64´s are very rare, and please do share more pictures after the pick-up?

👍👍👍
 
Posts
455
Likes
406
What a nice watch .. will help you to swallow the missing auction !!
 
Posts
2,427
Likes
4,700
Saw it on IG, beautiful! And buying from Matteo shouldn't be a risk at all 😀 Enjoy the Speedy!
 
Posts
206
Likes
201
Shiny! quite a beautiful example! congratulations
 
Posts
31
Likes
277
I must say that I’ve never felt a need to get a vintage Speedmaster (I have a 1996 model on a 1450/808). Always thought the vintage Cal 321 Speedys had beat up tinny hollow bracelets, worn dials with decayed and falling apart tritium markers, and see through empty hands. I was confused as to why anyone would want to pay a lot for an old, beat up, decaying watch. I frankly wonder if they even can keep good time.

However, after seeing the pic of your new acquisition, with it looking all shiny and with the beautifully colored patina of the tritium markers, I think it looks awesome. Somehow, even the flimsy flat linked bracelet looks great on that watch. Congrats, and thanks for opening up my eyes to the beauty of these pieces.
 
Posts
296
Likes
360
I must say that I’ve never felt a need to get a vintage Speedmaster (I have a 1996 model on a 1450/808). Always thought the vintage Cal 321 Speedys had beat up tinny hollow bracelets, worn dials with decayed and falling apart tritium markers, and see through empty hands. I was confused as to why anyone would want to pay a lot for an old, beat up, decaying watch. I frankly wonder if they even can keep good time.

However, after seeing the pic of your new acquisition, with it looking all shiny and with the beautifully colored patina of the tritium markers, I think it looks awesome. Somehow, even the flimsy flat linked bracelet looks great on that watch. Congrats, and thanks for opening up my eyes to the beauty of these pieces.
Well, that is very kind! I'm glad my new watch has turned you on to vintage speedies.

They truly are quilted attractive and different than the modern versions (although they have made a quite few nice looking new ones!)

I am a fan of vintage bracelets. I feel like they're more comfortable and also look nicer.

They are most definitely cheaper feeling, but they work well!
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
Awsome look. Great find! Bravo! rare ref, very good condition... Jealous!