Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2014

::rimshot::

Might have to use that in the future. If you get a nickel Paypal payment you know it's from royalties.

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 5, 2014

I failed to mention the price I paid for the above referenced 105.003-65. Frankly I'm a bit embarrassed to be one of those high sales that support the "mania" of the moment in the market (MMM?)

First let me say I am happy with the watch and the seller. I agreed on the price in the ad for £3,450 (watch/bracelet/Extract of the Archives). When conversion fees and wire fees and shipping fees across the pond were all added up, my cost was $6,022 USD.

Had I realized what my final cost would have been, I would have passed at that price. But as I say, the seller was superb and the watch exceeds my expectations.

What's done is done, so I am not looking for comment or criticism on the amount paid. I just wanted to pass on a real-life transaction detail for the record.

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 5, 2014

AND...
    for the record: the recent offering here for a 105.003-65 on bracelet for $5,850 would have been mine if I had the cash. I offered a trade plus cash in desperation but it didn't work for the seller.

I see the watch was sold but I don't know if the seller realized his asking price.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 5, 2014

i don't think you should beat yourself up over this price. Not for one minute. (And apologies for the comment, I just saw you were not asking, but hey, you got it!).

i really appreciate it when forum members post FULL experiences like yours.

003's have risen in price in the last six months, but frankly they were always disproportionately cheaper than the other straight lug speedmasters. Now i feel the price is more balanced. I don't think there are very many left in private hands that will come onto the market soon. They are all hoarded away by the likes of us, or dealers.

you have a nice watch there, with a good bracelet.

I would love to see a thread on your watch? Full photo set, for all us voyeurs.

Time Exposure likes this.
  5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 5, 2014

6. Unwound Feb 5, 2014

Time,

Nice score. Who cares what you paid for the watch, as long as you enjoy it! That's what these things sell for now days. I imagine if a person had nothing better to do than comb watch ads 24/7 he might find something everyone might like, but then again, we buy our watches for ourselves.
    Congrats.

Spacefruit and Time Exposure like this.
  7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 5, 2014

Apologies for hijacking the thread...but thanks for the well wishes!