Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster 105.003-65 with 1035/506 Bracelet

1. Sharp May 1, 2018

I have for sale an excellent 105.003-65 needing a new home

Description:

Dial/hands: Excellent dial with puffy yellow tritium markers and matching hands, the white paint is clean and un-chipped. There is slight darkening to the base of the tritium in the minute hand and a little on the dial markers but nothing overly distracting. Dial surface appears perfect. Both hands and dial glow correctly when exposed to UV light.

Case:
    Straight lug case maintains fantastic sharp lines, razor sharp lugs, and a super clean case back – a text book example, just a couple of scratches/dings from opening.

Original crown, pushers and (likely) crystal, the pusher tubes would benefit from a minor clean up and the crystal has some marks to polish out, nothing major.

Bracelet: Excellent 1035/506 Bracelet stamped 68/1, light wear/surface scratches only, end links are super clean. I have not handled a crisper example.

Bezel: DON bezel shows some flaking and small chips but is still in good overall condition with no denting, this and the crystal seem to have taken the brunt of the wear.

Movement: Winds, resets and ticks correctly, The screws are particularly clean and un-chewed; the plating is of good consistent colour. 24.066XXX Serial. I was told the watch was serviced in 2016 by someone very reputable but have no paper trail to prove it - an inspection or service are absolutely recommended and I do not wish to make any timekeeping guarantees.

Summary: Watch is a lovely example, the crispest -65 I have owned or seen for sale in a long time. I prefer to keep descriptions pretty basic and just sell off the pictures provided which I believe clearly illustrate the watches condition, these watches are now also well documented (www.speedmaster101.com).

My Price: I am offering this watch for £16000 net to me via bank transfer; this includes shipping anywhere in the world (likely via Fedex). The watch is located in the UK and I could transact face-to-face in London with established members if requested.

Returns: I have never had anyone ask for a return, I would consider it only if the watch is terribly misdescribed. I am not going to refund you if it gains 12 seconds in a day after 3 weeks.

656.jpg 660.jpg 657.jpg 658.jpg 688.jpg 693.jpg 903.jpg 909.jpg

801.jpg
  2. Sharp May 2, 2018

Watch is OHPF

shishy, bigsom, BatDad and 4 others like this.
  3. Sharp May 4, 2018

SOLD and the buyer is going to be very pleased :):thumbsup::D:cool::p

4. Screwbacks May 4, 2018

::rimshot:: congrats to the new owner.

5. airansun In the shuffling madness May 4, 2018

Thanks!

It’s my sort of watch. Mind blowingly mint. How long before another like it shows up here?

Seaborg likes this.
  6. Seaborg May 4, 2018

Congrats, such a beauty !

7. MaiLollo May 4, 2018

Soon enough, if I find A/ a great 2998 for an acceptable price & B/ the courage to sell mine :D
    Congratulations to both the buyer and the seller.

BatDad likes this.
  8. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! May 4, 2018

Sooner than you think. ;)

BatDad, MaiLollo and oddboy like this.
  9. airansun In the shuffling madness May 4, 2018

::popcorn::

Seaborg likes this.