Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 105.003-65 'Ed White'

1. Fattony Jul 22, 2017

Morning all

It is with great excitement I am listing my first official watch for sale on the Omega Forum as thewatchcollector. My website has been up and running for a year now, like many I took the leap to turn my hobby in to business. I have applied the same rules of exemplary customer service I have used successfully in my other business to this endeavour and as such it moves from strength to strength. I fundamentally believe in honesty and transparency and supplying the best quality pieces I can at the right price with exemplary customer experience both during and after a sale.

My site is now generating 20-30 sales a month and I’ve invested appropriately in infrastructure as well as sourcing the best pieces, building my knowledge and buying in talent to support the development of my business. Part of the talent I have sourced comes from within the forum community in the guise of Tom Dick, an established forum collector who has a solid knowledge and a good eye for sourcing the right pieces, Tom works with me (along side his day job) to find the right pieces for my site and helping me develop my knowledge as well as advising me on prospective purchases to ensure we have the right watches for customers and collectors alike.

With the anniversary of the moon landing upon us I felt it was fitting for my first sales post to be a Speedmaster, and IMHO one of the best combinations; an Ed White. This is a watch that was one supplied to me from Tom’s personal collection, he passed it to me as I was desperate for a Speedmaster straight lug but like buses I have now acquired quite a selection of Speedies.

0085.jpg

The watch is being sold with the same guarantee I sell within on my website, I would be delighted to pick up a conversation either via PM or on the phone, you would be most welcome to see the watch in person at our offices in Cheshire and I can provide high resolution pictures on request.

Tom bought the watch totally untouched from a watch shop in Bath in 2012, when he got it it was unrestored. It was supplied on shark band but with Tom’s advice I since added the Milanese bracelet. It was serviced and very lightly refinished at STS in 2010 and was in my collection until earlier this year.

0069.jpg

The box and documents came with the watch when Tom bought it and they are correct and period, this is the larger box correct for the Speedy and the docs are correct and period but the back page of the GTE is missing (as so many are)

0075.jpg

Unlike most it is very original, benefiting from its original dial and hands and original Dot Over Ninety or DON bezel. It has previously been very lightly refinished but again the case is one of the nicer ones out there, having virtually no loss of profile. This is most noticeable on the edge of the case where the clearly defined lip on the case edge remains.

0071.jpg

The watch is running it’s original 22 million serial number 321 movement, which again retains all original parts and is in remarkable and un touched condition with no ageing or wear.

Everything on this watch has been retained with the exception of the usual service parts; crown, crystal and pushers which were replaced with original Omegas items at a previous service. (unfortunately the old service parts were lost in the ether some time ago by Tom)

0073.jpg

The dial and hands are in excellent condition, the original luminous material has turned a wonderful honey patina on both the dial and hands.

The watch is presented on a genuine period (late 60’s/ early 70’s) Omega Milanese bracelet which is correct 19 mm, this is the Swiss version of the British DS&S bands which were available as factory options for these Speedmasters and compliments the watch perfectly.

0066.jpg

I believe the watch is one of the nicest on the market at the moment and it is a rapidly appreciating classic.

My intention is that all of the watch as with all I offer within the community will have been serviced where appropriate by STS or Simon Freese and will have been pre vetted by Tom.

I am looking for £12500 shipped NOW £11900, it will be shipped parcel pro fully insured and comes with a 12 month guarantee through the watch collector.

Thanks Tony Wooderson

Edited Aug 2, 2017
  2. Fattony Jul 26, 2017

Still available

3. Fattony Aug 2, 2017

Watch now sold, thank OF and buyer