Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Speedmaster 105.002-62 Alpha hands with 7912/6 Bracelet

1. Sharp Oct 5, 2017

Up for grabs is this excellent example of a 105.002-62

Description:

Dial/hands: Lovely original dial with creamy tritium markers and hands, they show minor chipping/shrinkage in places and the centre of the hour hand has started to darken from moisture, however overall are very clean and consistent. The dial surface appears flawless; I cannot see a single mark or speckle. Both hands and dial glow consistently when exposed to UV light. Sub hands are unchipped, not touched up or enhanced, note the hour counter hands flat centre, which is my favourite tell for spotting an unmolested Speedmaster (pre 1963), the service replacement is not the same.

It is rare to find a dial and hand set this clean, to be prudent I would state worst case you could speculate it is a vintage relume, though there is no sign of any tampering and 105003s often have luminous of this colour.

Case: Straight lug case is in good condition with some scratching and wear from use, it is free from gauges, however does show a little corrosion around the outer edge between the lugs. The caseback is free from gauges and sharp, one noteworthy scratch only, it is plain and ungrained as it should be, the champfers on the lugs are soft from wear but thankfully not incorrectly re-cut.

Crown, pushers and plexi are originals, (see how the crystal covers the swiss made font more so than a service replacement). The pusher tubes would benefit from a clean up and the plexi could be polished but I have left it as found.

Bracelet: The 7912 bracelet has wear consistent with the watch, it is stretched from use but has no broken springs or chewed links, some minor denting and surface scratches only. I believe it has not been refreshed and maintains the original finishing with sharp edges on the flat polished outer links. No.6 end links are un-chewed or gauged. Clasp is signed 61/3.

Bezel: DON bezel, shows heavy wear and many scratches, but is consistent with the overall watch/bracelet and not swapped with a later example from a 69

Movement: Winds, resets and ticks correctly, however service history is unknown – the case back shows no sign of any service marks, the screws are particularly clean and un-chewed, the plating is of good consistent colour and it has the correct slim regulator/symmetrical coupling yolk for a 19.584XXX movement of this age. I do not wish to guarantee timekeeping and would recommend a service before winding this watch.

Summary: The watch is a lovely looking example, it is only being removed from my collection as a victim of apartment renovations. I prefer to keep descriptions pretty basic and just sell off the pictures provided which I believe clearly illustrate the watches condition, these watches are now also well documented (www.speedmaster101.com)

My Price: I am offering this watch for £22000 net to me via bank transfer; this includes shipping anywhere in the world (likely via Fedex). The watch is located in the UK and I could transact face-to-face in London with established members if requested.

Returns: I have never had anyone ask for a return, I would consider it only if the watch is terribly misdescribed. I am not going to refund you if it gains 12 seconds in a day after 3 weeks.

Thanks for looking
    omega105002.jpg
    omega1050024.jpg
    omega1050028.jpg IMG_8296.jpg omegaspeedmaster13.jpg omega1050029.jpg omega10500213.jpg omega10500218.jpg omega10500216.jpg

omega1050022.jpg omega1050023.jpg omega1050027.jpg omega10500212.jpg

omega1050026.jpg
    Tritium, Chye, ummie and 30 others like this.
  2. Sharp Oct 12, 2017

Up

3. sneer Oct 16, 2017

Much more difficult to find than 2998 - great watch

Sharp likes this.
  4. Sharp Oct 16, 2017

Watch is OHPF

valjoux72, Chye, oddboy and 1 other person like this.