Forums Latest Members
  1. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 8, 2014

Morning all

Well for some time now the only grail watch that has elluded me is a perfect Omega 1200 vickers Hard Metal Skywalker, I've owned a NOS Vader but I didn't like the black, I've owned a few skywalker but the cases have never been perfect.

As those of you who know me know I can usually find any Omega I want, I've owned and own quite a few rare vintage Omegas, the modern stuff isn't my thing but the vintage stuff really lights my fire.

Anyway, about three months back something appeared on ebay Italy, pictures were aweful but I knew what it was, from old jeweller stock I immediately emailed the seller and managed to snag it........ it arrived and was stunning, the seals had gone but it was unworn

For those of you in the know, Omega only produced literally a handful of Skywalkers and Vaders, not particularly popular at the time and hence not many around now, what made them special was the tungsten vickers case, that stunning dial and of course the famous Omega workhorse the 861!

Anyway... this just arrived in the post from STS, I thought I would share it with the community before I remove the zappon and get it on my wrist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here she is with her new friends:

[​IMG]

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 8, 2014

Stunning... absolutely awesome !!!:thumbsup:

3. Zuke Feb 8, 2014

Amazing!

I'm very jealous

cozzani1978 likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Feb 8, 2014

No! Leave the purple snot on it! You can wear it like that.

5. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Feb 8, 2014

The Force is strong with this one!

6. webvan Feb 8, 2014

fabulous, we just need a wristshot now ;-) And yes, why remove the zappon?

7. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 8, 2014

[​IMG]

there you go chaps, left the zappon on but damn it wears great

8. Jon R Feb 8, 2014

If, like me, anybody's ignorant of the "Skywalker" and "Vader" names given to these fabulous watches, the brief overview from the following link is worth reading…. http://chronomaddox.com/darth_vader.html

9. Hardy Feb 8, 2014

fantastic! that really is nos condition :)

10. cristos71 Feb 8, 2014

Excellent watch! And it looks particularly good with that very nice perforated rally strap. :thumbsup:

11. Tritium Feb 8, 2014

Beautiful watch, Congrats:thumbsup:

12. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 9, 2014

thanks everyone

Yep I am chuffed to bits, it really is a stunner, not sure why it didn't originally sell, the case has a couple of tiny scratches on the side (god knows how someone managed that as the tungsten is pretty much un-scratchable), perhaps thats it, non the less worked out nicely for me ;-)

13. jeff wilson Feb 10, 2014

Fantastic watch thanks for posting it.

14. Unwound Feb 10, 2014

no, no, no, that looks all wrong on your wrist, better send it on over to the following address.........................

15. JohnSteed Feb 10, 2014

another enabler :thumbsup:

16. pitpro Likes the game. Feb 10, 2014

Congrats! Good snag.

17. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 11, 2014

Thanks all, I am really chuffed with it, I've thinned down my collection massively over the last few years, at one point it ran to about 60 watches, it's now down to about a dozen, mostly rarer and early quartz (like the Marine Chrono) with a smattering of Omegas better hand wound and auto offerings from the 1970's.

That said I have a cal 28.9 chrono and a solid silver Omega trench watch (with original silver hallmarked trench guard) being restored as we speak so watch this space for a deviation of my usual collecting habits

Cheers Tom