Forums Latest Members

Omega Skywalker Dials - Which is the correct dial vs redial

1. HeuerFan Jun 7, 2014

Hello,

I am new to these forums, and was hoping to get some advice and clarification. The documentation on the Omega Skywalker is not very detailed online and have had many things that seem conflicting. I am especially confused with the dial situation, and not quite able to understand which is the "real" dial vs "fake" dial.

One example that I would like to use is a listing on eBay for a Skywalker that is up for sale.

You can see the picture below or by going to the ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAG...YWALKER-CHRONOGRAPH-REF-145-023-/390857360980Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

In this version, the dial has very thick numbers on the subdials, and seems to me that it is a redial, but I have seen different versions that have similar style dials, but no idea which one is the real deal. Are there any experts that really know this watch, and what the original dial is supposed to look like, especially the numbers on the subdial.

In addition, if anyone has a Skywalker and/or Vader that would like to sell one, I am very interested.

[​IMG]

Here is another picture of a Skywalker on eBay that has the numbers on the subdials thinner. So which is the orginal vs a redial?

[​IMG]

2. HeuerFan Jun 23, 2014

Anyone?

3. cristos71 Jun 24, 2014

I´m not sure that the question is real vs fake. I think both are real. I have seen enough of them with the thicker font to give me that impression.

However, I know which I find more attractive and that is the thinner font, I would personally not buy the thicker version.

As both variations are signed T Swiss T it is not clear if the thicker font is a service or an earlier or even a later dial. The Anakin was produced in relatively small numbers and it is possible that the thicker ones are from a miss-set print run that was not adequately QC´d

I seem to remember advertising with the thicker font too, maybe someone else has that on file?

4. kpaxsg Apr 29, 2015

Anyone can direct me where I might fine just the case itself?

5. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 30, 2015

Hi

Having owned 1/2 dozen Skywalkers and a couple of Vaders I am sorry to say that up until 3 years ago the cases were available to order from the factory, they are now NLA. You wont find a NOS one anywhere and certainly not a Vader, they come up once in a blue moon on eBay but go for big money, the last NOS case I bought I paid £1000 for the head only.

Your best bet is to keep your eyes peeled for a Bucherer or Rodania donor, Bucherer variants are lovely and I really like them but sadly a lot of people buy Bucherer's with good cases and butcher them to make good Skywalkers because the SW is worth at least twice as much as the bucherer, sad but true!

kpaxsg likes this.
  6. lenny Apr 30, 2015

Here is an example of the Bucherer (with a nicer dial IMHO):
    [​IMG]