Omega Silver Snoopy loud ticking noise

Hello everyone!

I just got a Silver Snoopy Award, and I’m in loooove with it.

I love the ticking sound of the 3861 cal and it doesn’t bother me, but I’ve noticed that it is quite loud compared with other watches.

I was wondering if it is normal on this model or if I should bring it to the Boutique to have them look at it.

Thanks for your help!

Like 1
Do you hear the ticking far away or with the watch next to your ear? I’ve had a couple Speedy 3861 and a 321 and I don’t hear any noise unless I have it right next to my ear and the room is quiet. I would drop by your OB and have them listen.

How loud is the noise? I had a 3861 and did not notice any excessive noise.

Mm, anyone who knows the Peanuts cartoons knows exactly what that sound is. You’re fine.

Like 11
If it functions properly, keeps time and chrono works, I can’t see why anything would be wrong with it. Environment obviously plays a big part. Watches that I never heard a sound from when in a bedroom with an air-con turned on will suddenly be very noisy when in a really quiet environment. I’m fairly certain your watch is fine.

Mine ticks loud too but in a normal way. It’s a little louder when compared it to my previous 3592 I had sold recently. I believe it’s normal for these to have a louder ticking sound when the watch is closer to your ear.

Thanks everyone! I’ll bring it to a boutique anyways to make sure there’s nothing wrong with it. I’ll try to find a boutique where they have one on display to compare. That might be hard to find hehe

Hi folks,

just to let you know I’ve been to the boutique and they had a snoopy on display. I compared the sound and it was identical so no problem with my watch. Looks like the snoopy sounds louder than other pieces.

Thanks for your help!

Like 1
Hi folks,

just to let you know I’ve been to the boutique and they had a snoopy on display. I compared the sound and it was identical so no problem with my watch. Looks like the snoopy sounds louder than other pieces.

Thanks for your help!

Good to know.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your help!
Nice. So I won’t freak out if I pick up my Snoopy when I get the call. I listened to my 321 after reading this post and I could barely hear it ticking.

And if the 2. Snoopy was faulty too ? Can't trust these pesky mechanical Watches ...

Like 3
I too have a 3861 speedy and can't hear anything unless the watch is basically touching my ear. In my experience it's no louder than any of the other mechanical watches I've owned.

I've noticed I can hear my 3861 if it's quiet and I put my hand near my face whereas other watches I would have to put the watch right up next to my ear to hear it. It's definitely louder than my calibers 2500D, 564, and others. I have a Valjoux 88 that ticks away at 18k like a freight train and can be heard from very far away. Of course, all of this depends on how good your hearing is.

Like 1
Is this a kind of situation in which this would be a feature rather than a bug, if the watch were a minute repeater…?

I've noticed I can hear my 3861 if it's quiet and I put my hand near my face whereas other watches I would have to put the watch right up next to my ear to hear it. It's definitely louder than my calibers 2500D, 564, and others. I have a Valjoux 88 that ticks away at 18k like a freight train and can be heard from very far away. Of course, all of this depends on how good your hearing is.

Please can you put a cushion on it? Woke me up this morning.

IMG_3016.png

Like 1
Please can you put a cushion on it? Woke me up this morning.

IMG_3016.png

I’m known as the hotel clock stopper…clean a room after me and your putting the batteries back in the clock :D:D
((After you have taken all the post it notes off anything that glows))

Like 2
After you have taken all the post it notes off anything that glows
LOL, I always travel with black tape.

Like 1