Forums Latest Members
  1. krishraov Sep 4, 2018

Hi all - I live in India and will be traveling to Amsterdam for a week to attend a conference. I want to use this opportunity to service my vintage Omega Geneve (picture attached). It runs fine, but I am sure its due for a servicing.

Any shops/people that you can suggest in Amsterdam who can do this (with a hopefully quick turn-around) time. Apart from servicing, I'd love to take a look at some vintage watches too!

Thank you!

geneve.jpg
  2. cristos71 Sep 4, 2018

I think your chances of a week turnaround on a watch service in AMS are about zero.

For expensive vintage watch shopping you can try:

Amsterdam Vintage Watch Company or

Amsterdam Vintage Watches

Think of a watch you like, think of a price you would find acceptable, add 30-50% and you'll be OK

3. WatchWalker Sep 4, 2018

I concur.
    Slightly exaggerated maybe but for sure no bargain sales to be expected there. But if you respect "buy the seller" you are in good hands there. At least with Amsterdam Vintage Watches, the other one I don't have experience with.

4. Shabbaz Sep 4, 2018

Also Spiegelgracht Juweliers. But as said, all of them are very (read: ridiculous) expensive.

5. cristos71 Sep 4, 2018

IMHO these are the worst - they claim everything they sell has been serviced when the watches I bought from them clearly had not. They also know not too much about their stock, which can have a positive as well as negative outcome ;)

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 4, 2018

Yep it's really 60-80%

cristos71 likes this.