Omega Seamasters; Are these in good condition/which is better?

I'm currently looking at purchasing a vintage Seamaster but have almost no knowledge on what to look for showing if a watch is good quality or has issues. I am not too fussed about any small scuffs and scratches that give it some character, but I have read on other threads there can be signs moisture has gotten inside, and both watches seem to have marks around the edge under the back cover which I am unsure about. The first here is a 1966 Seamaster 165.003.

And the second is a 1964 Seamaster 600 135.011. I thought this one did not look as in good condition as the first but it has a lot more popularity/views on the website so I am not sure if I am missing something.

They are both a little over $1000 AUD. Any help/advice is appreciated

These are two very different watches. First one is an automatic, second is a manual hand-wind movement. The second one has a heavily polished case, Ive attached a photo of what the case should look like with sharp original case lines. The 600 is quite plentiful and you should not settle on one with poor case.
But the bigger issue is you need to do more research and narrow the search to a reference you really like, and familiarize yourself with the dial and case features that should be present- follow the "Recommended vintage Omega on Ebay" thread, read the "Learn to Fish" thread, and take your time.

I can only guess that people are looking at the second one because it's cheap; it's an entry-level watch in poor condition. The first one is a significant step up in quality, condition, and desirability. As noted above, if you didn't make a distinction between them, it is probably worth spending a bit more time looking and learning. And obviously, price is a major consideration, so it's pointless to compare these two watches without including the asking prices.

Note the first, while desirable has never been serviced or at least not in decades so will need it. It has the factory fit gasket from the 1960s. It shows rotor rub too. I’d buy the first at the right price but be prepared to spend upwards of $300 to get it running right. Maybe a lot more.