Forums Latest Members
  1. Dylanesque22000 Apr 25, 2019

Anyone know where I can buy a legit one without the inflated prices on eBay?

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 25, 2019

An honest Ebay auction is generally a a great determinator of the value of pretty much anything, some pieces can overheat when you have more than one person who really wants it. But if you want to find the market value of of anything take a look at sold items on Ebay.
    Now, if you are referring to bargains that I can sell again on Ebay for more than I paid then I too would love to where to buy.

3. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Apr 25, 2019

Hi There,

most people on here are friendly and helpful however;-
    I see you have been a member for nearly 3 years. You have had 2 previous posts all asking advice without introducing yourself, no avatar or adding a, please or thank you. You were previously advised how to PM on the private sales forum as well.

Despite this you have not heeded the advice and still ask abruptly for more assistance

People won't remain friendly forever if you test their patience......just saying ;)

4. Dylanesque22000 Apr 25, 2019

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to come across as abrupt in my post. Apologies also for not putting the word please or thank you in the post. I haven't really been using the site for the last three years, I did post three years ago when I was looking for to purchase an Omega but didn't have much success then lost my job shortly afterwards. However, now I'm gainfully employed again and would like to start looking for a Vintage Omega watch. Apologies again for not having some picture of a watch beside my name like yours.Or for not realising I had to introduce myself. My name is Daniel. In fact I now regret even posting on here and asking for advice at all. Thanks for taking the time to point out all those things I did wrong and for testing your patience with all my questions and posts over the last three years.

5. Dylanesque22000 Apr 25, 2019

Thanks

6. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Apr 25, 2019

Hi Daniel and welcome,
    no need for regrets. I was trying to help you help yourself. Most of us here use ebay, auction houses, car boot sales, pawn shops, OF private sales etc. etc. but first we do lots of research so we hopefully know what we are looking for and what a good deal actually looks like.

If in doubt we get all the information and photos together and post them on here and ask advice before we buy and try to save ourselves heartache,

stay around, read a lot, ask questions and then you will get more confidence.

read this https://omegaforums.net/threads/learn-how-to-fish for starters

all the best

Gavin

connieseamaster likes this.
  7. Passover Apr 25, 2019

No need to, I think with an updated point of view you are shurely welcome :)

Gav1967 likes this.
  8. Edward53 Apr 25, 2019

There are many different variants of vintage Seamaster - dress watches, divers, autos, manuals, day / date / time only, chronos. It's a good idea to decide what appeals to you most before seriously looking.

Davidt and Gav1967 like this.
  9. Dan S Apr 25, 2019

Watches on eBay aren't any more overpriced than you would find elsewhere, and watches that sell in no-reserve auctions usually go for fair market value (unless there is shill bidding or two idiots bidding up the price). The bigger issue is being able to separate the wheat from the chaff, since the majority of vintage watches for sale are badly flawed.

connieseamaster and Gav1967 like this.
  10. MCC Apr 25, 2019

Especially since you are reliant on the sellers pictures and cannot investigate the watch directly

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 25, 2019

Where are you situated in the world Daniel. May be able to help out.

Gav1967 likes this.