Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster vintage cal 565 - advice welcomed :)

1. majanattila Feb 13, 2019

Hi guys,

this is the other watch let's say in my "wishlist":

Well the dial is not in perfect condition but I would be able to live with it, overall I like the watch very much :)
    I have read many articles, comments where the movement 565 was described as a great movement in the price/quality point of view (and a one with easy service).

Which part of the watch seems to be not the real ones? Again I would love to read all your comments, remarks about it :) What could be the fair price of it?

Thank you for your support again :)

1VkmSN.jpg dgiYOk.jpg fcQXyl.jpg k3QJEW.jpg oqNwRq.jpg OX3j45.jpg PdlkdU.jpg YHYTLw.jpg yTGrqz.jpg

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  2. Davidt Feb 13, 2019

What are your thoughts on the condition of the case and movement?

Have you compared this to other examples of this reference?

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Noddyman Feb 13, 2019

Some dials age well and can have “attractive” patina, this one just looks badly damaged. The case has seen a hard life, full of scratches and well polished. Caseback has an inscription; not always a desirable feature. Movement doesn’t look the best. Wrong crown and fake buckle. Overall a below average watch with very little value IMHO.
    Unless it’s really cheap I would move on.

tamura likes this.
  4. chipsotoole Feb 14, 2019

Yes there are some issues as Noddyman points out, especially the over polishing of the case...lot of sharpness lost. It's far from perfect as a collectors grade piece, but it does appear to be all original. If you plan to wear it as a daily beater it'd serve your needs fine. The dial isn't great but again IMHO far from "badly" damaged, tampered with, maybe "cleaned"...It really does depend on your perspective. The movement actually looks a bit dirty but otherwise quite ok to me....I like that the rotor blade isn't scuffed to hell and appears original to the watch (I think). It IS a classic movement. hands and caseback match the mid 60's styling.
    hmm a fair price? 18 months ago you could pick something like this up for 175-225 Euros. There's an Omega strap on it too....Some here will say 100 bucks tops or buy for parts....I wouldn't go beyond 300 Euros and if i did I'd be looking at better examples with perhaps an original BOR or "brick" bracelet.
    My usual disclaimer: "Others will know more" ( and probably disagree with me! LOL)

5. smorrisonmd Feb 14, 2019

I wouldn't completely disagree with others comments, but I would not be nearly so harsh. Assuming it runs and keeps reasonable time, and can be had for $300 US or so, I think it is a perfectly acceptable way to dip your toe in the vintage Omega pool while you continue to look for a better model. Don't pay to have it serviced, and at this price point, you can likely recoup your investment.

6. majanattila Feb 14, 2019

Thank you for all your responses :)
    Well I must admit that there were many correct comments I think I will pass it away and looking for a watch in a better condition.

Thank you for your support again :)

7. TimtimeIntl Feb 14, 2019

I would guess that for a little bit more and a little more searching you can find a nicer watch. Patience.