Omega Seamaster Redial?

Hi, I’d really appreciate some expert opinion of the following omega seamaster 1958 automatic watch please.

2846-12 SC/2848, PATENT + 315164

The seller is stating dial has been restored. Reading through this forum the S may not be correct and automatic should be upper case. Is that right?

What’s the verdict of the overall refurb please?

thanks

'Restored' is generally a euphemism for refurbished, refinished, repainted etc

No offense, RichJP1, but you’re not ready to purchase a vintage watch yet. You did well by asking here first before you made a purchase. Stick around and learn.

It's a fυcking mess. 😲
Nothing better than constructive criticism for a new member.

Nothing better than constructive criticism for a new member.

Glad to help.

If you are still reading, what my esteemed colleagues are suggesting is that no original 2846 ever looked like that, the redial is a fantasy design. Avoid like the plague if you entertain any idea of reselling at any point. If you really like it that’s up to you but I suspect it needs a service since it’s filthy and shows rotor rub so factor that in.

If you are still reading, what my esteemed colleagues are suggesting is that no original 2846 ever looked like that, the redial is a fantasy design. Avoid like the plague if you entertain any idea of reselling at any point. If you really like it that’s up to you but I suspect it needs a service since it’s filthy and shows rotor rub so factor that in.

Thanks all for the advice. Very much appreciated.

Some of the sellers of these type of dials are very, very economical with the truth and describe them as ‘100% original Omega dial, fully refurbished’.

That’s seller bull shit for ‘this dials been repainted, it’s not original, it never looked anything like this, I’ve just had it repainted in a style I think some buyers will find attractive then use word play to try and confuse people into thinking it’s oroginal’