Forums Latest Members
  1. SPIGGOTT Nov 2, 2020

Hi,

looking for some advice. Just bought a 1337 Cal Omega Seamaster Quartz. It is all working, hours moving with crown, date advancing with crown.

minutes and seconds move and keep time. However, the flush button on the side when depressed has no effect on advancing seconds or minutes.

I have looked closely under magnification and the button seems to actually depress.

Thanks

2. tritto Nov 2, 2020

These ones can be a little fiddly.

Press and hold for five seconds, release and then press and hold again to continuously advance the second/minute hand until you release it again.

I've had several of the 1332/1337 movements to build and service one for my 120m diver. They're tricky to service and quite temperamental.

watchyouwant and janice&fred like this.
  3. SPIGGOTT Nov 2, 2020

Thanks for the reply but pressing the button does nothing. quick press, slow press, hold press for 5. no response.

Like i say apart from that the watch is working perfectly.

tritto likes this.
  4. alexei.joukovski Nov 2, 2020

I had one the same way. It was a faulty circuit board.

watchyouwant likes this.
  5. SPIGGOTT Nov 2, 2020

I suspect that’s not an easy or cheap fix.

6. tritto Nov 2, 2020

If it's the circuit, they have a reputation for failing (not blaming them - they were never intended to last 40 years). NOS aren't easy to find, so buying a donor is the way to go. The circuit itself isn't that hard to replace if you're familiar and have some good screwdrivers and tweezers, but you may find that asking a watchmaker to do it is preferable. Sourcing a donor will probably cost you a bit so perhaps you should talk to the seller about a return if you have the option.

7. webvan Nov 3, 2020

I had one of these a while back and got it fixed at STS at some point but before that I just placed the battery in at the right time ;-)

8. SPIGGOTT Nov 3, 2020

I have the option to send back to seller.

I thought it might just be a contact where the button touches. Someone has advised that on the back of the movement near the regulator adjustment is an oval strip. This does the same thing. Will give it a go and see if that moves the seconds. If so it’s not the board that’s faulty just the contact which can be fixed.

thanks

9. SPIGGOTT Nov 3, 2020

Update: Short circuiting across the oval strip causes the seconds to stop. So you can wait until real time and let go.

Still does not resolve the issue of knowing wether the circuit board is faulty or the contact the button touches.

s-l1600eb.jpg

10. webvan Nov 3, 2020

BTW which watch is that ? A pic of the face would be nice ;-)

11. SPIGGOTT Nov 3, 2020

12. webvan Nov 3, 2020

Nice and simple !