Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Seamaster Professional 300m replacement bezel advice

1. chrisrose1 Jun 18, 2021

New to the forum. I'm a Rolex collector but am returning to my roots as Omega was my first watch many years ago. I just bought a slightly tatty OMEGA Seamaster Professional 300m. I would like to make it as pristine as possible and put a new bezel on it. Not keen on aftermarket as I want OEM if possible. Any advice here? The watch is quite impressive and you definitely get a lot of watch for the money.

seamaster.jpg
  2. Donn Chambers Jun 19, 2021

Omega only sells the entire bezel and insert, not a separate insert, so beware of sellers selling an insert only. And Omega will only sell to watchmakers with an Omega parts account. So, to get a new bezel, you will either need to find a watchmaker with a parts account who will order one for you and put it on, or you will need to send it to an Omega service center and they can put one on. Considering you just purchased your watch and it has an unknown service history, I’d just send it to Omega for a complete service and ask that they put on a new bezel. They would also likely want to replace those faded sundial hands as well.

The only other option is to hunt around for a used bezel on forums or EBay that is in better shape. But that will likely be more frustrating than it is worth in terms of savings.

chrisrose1 likes this.
  3. Mac-427 Jun 19, 2021

I've bought used Rolex watches before. Sold them all and now own a 300M bought new from Jared's but with all my used watches, they went to the service center immediately because they came back perfect and had papers. Even with the expense of service, I felt that I came out ahead.

chrisrose1 likes this.
  4. chrisrose1 Jun 19, 2021

Thanks for that - I got a real bargain as it had boxes etc. 2200US. So I can spend a bit making it look new gain. I appreciate some people like patina but I will replace the bezel and prob hands if possible. I have a really good watch repairer and I've given him a lot of work with the Rolexes. But a wide collection is more interesting. I just bought a Seiko Prospex Alpinist on sale for 700 Aussie - 500 off new price. Nothing like my Daytona but a beautiful watch with a beautiful deep green face. A lot of watch for the money.