Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster Professional 300m Chrono Titanium 2298.80 <Reduced €2050>

1. GuiltyGear Feb 23, 2024

Sold outside the forum on 29 March 2024.

I am selling an Omega Seamaster Professional 300m chronograph in full titanium, reference 2298.80, with the matching 1504/826 bracelet also in titanium. I'm kind of reluctant to put this watch for sale; first because I don't have any other titanium watches, and second because photos don't make it justice on how good it looks on the wrist. However, I have a 2531.80 and I prefer it's simpler dial and thinner case. Can't justify having two SMP 300m of the same era with the same dial and bezel design.

You'll notice in the photos below that on the underside of one of the lugs there's a star stamp. That is a sign that Omega does when this particular watch was selected from a batch for quality inspection. It doesn't add to the value of the watch, but it's a nice little thing to have.

No box or papers are included in the sale. Just the watch and the bracelet.

Case Reference: 178.0504
    Reference: 2298.80
    Movement: Cal. 1164 based on ETA 7750, 25 Jewels, 42h reserve, 28800 bph
    Year of production: 1999
    Width: 41.5mm (without crown), 45.5mm (with crown)
    Lug to lug: 48.5mm
    Thickness: 16mm
    Lug width: 20mm
    Bracelet: Omega 1504 with Ti-826 endlinks

Price
    Price is €2,100 €2,050 net to me. I accept: Bank Transfer, Payoneer, or PayPal (Friends and Family).

Shipping
    I am located in Tirana, Albania (not a member of the EU). Shipping worldwide with DHL, which should cost between €30-€50 depending on location. Watch will be shipped within 2 working days after payment is cleared. Will be able to help minimize import taxes on request.

Returns
    No returns unless the watch is grossly misrepresented.

Feedback
    I am new to watch collecting and I haven't sold anything in this forum or any other forums. However, I've been a relatively active member since September 2023, have introduced myself, and have bought a couple of things. I also have an eBay store where I occasionally sell watches or old camera lenses and accessories. I can provide any form of identification that suits you: ID, LinkedIn profile, Facebook, etc.

Condition
    The following is me doing my best to describe what I see with the watch in hand, looking at the close up photos, and inspecting it under a 12x loupe. I'll cover any defect I can see, but please also inspect the photos yourself and let me know if you have any questions.

Dial and hands are practically flawless. Lume is intact in both dial and hands. The dial lume has slight yellowing so I believe it to be tritium. The lume in the hands has a different color from the dial, but they have the same very faint and short glow when tested in the dark. Only the lume in the chronograph seconds hand shines bright and keeps the charge for relatively long, so I would suspect that to be a replacement. The lume on the seconds hand and on the chronograph hour hand have slight fading on the "lower" side, so it displays like a light gradient.

Bezel is great. Even under bright light I can't see any major marks. Just tiny scratches that are barely visible. Surprisingly, it retains the original deep blue color and doesn't show any signs of fading. Sapphire crystal is also spotless.

DSC_1096.jpg

DSC_1115.jpg

Case has your typical signs of use. Scratches here and there that are amplified from the close-up photos. The original brushed finish is in there and I don't think it was ever polished (do they polish titanium?). Crown screws and unscrews correctly, and is in decent condition together with the pushers. From the color, they seem to be titanium too.

DSC_1092.jpg

DSC_1091.jpg

DSC_1095.jpg

DSC_1094.jpg

DSC_1098.jpg

DSC_1099.jpg

Case back has very light scratches and minimal wear on the holes for the case back opening tool.

DSC_1100.jpg

DSC_1101.jpg

DSC_1102.jpg

DSC_1103.jpg

Movement is based on an ETA 7750, looks clean and works fairly well. It keeps decent time, chronograph functions work as expected, and date changes automatically or via the crown quick set. Rotor winds correctly. If you've ever handled a 7750, you know that it's one hefty rotor with a lot of momentum and not the quietest.

Service history is unknown and it hasn't been serviced while in my possession.

DSC_1104.jpg

DSC_1105.jpg

DSC_1106.jpg

DSC_1107.jpg

Bracelet, as the case, has also signs of normal use. The clasp has a few more scratches and a bit of a superficial drag mark on the bottom side, probably from the risky sport of desk diving. The engraving is well defined. Flex is very minimal, almost non existent. It has has 10 full links, 5 on each side. It should fit a 18cm wrist comfortably. On my 19cm wrist its too tight for the clasp to close. I've been wearing it using a full link and a half link from my 2531.80 (same bracelet but in steel).

DSC_1108.jpg

DSC_1109.jpg

DSC_1110.jpg

DSC_1111.jpg

DSC_1112.jpg

DSC_1114.jpg

Edited Mar 29, 2024
    Dash1, Jkuback, Lou P and 1 other person like this.
  2. GuiltyGear Mar 2, 2024

Still available.

3. GuiltyGear Mar 18, 2024

Still available. Reduced to €2,050.