Forums Latest Members
  1. dkennyken Oct 27, 2014

Right so I took the plunge and bought my first vintage Omega dive watch, I think I've paid a little on the high side to be honest although if my guess is right and the movement is original I should have a 1st generation with a cal 1441 inside (fingers crossed).

It's not perfect but after nearly 30 years I don't expect it to be. One thing I definitely want doing is to hopefully remove the awful lume job on the dial and get it as close to the orignal as possible.

I've paid £350 so as I said I may have paid £50 or so over the odds but I wanted the 1st generation model with original dial/ mercades hands and 1441 movement. It's also the mid size version which is fine for me (38" without crown).

Does anybody have any opinions or advice especially regarding getting the loom as close to original as possible?

Here's some pictures although it hasn't arrived yet, but should be here today

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. dkennyken Oct 27, 2014

Well it's arrived and isn't a bad looker if I don't say so myself

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Event horizon likes this.
  3. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Oct 27, 2014

Theses are my favourite sm200's with the gold bezel, I'm not a huge fan of the half gold bracelet I think it looks better on the full stainless. It looks like the earlier type with mercedes hands and concave case back.

dkennyken likes this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 27, 2014

I like the lollipop second hand. Funny how close a match 28598-c6abd512c9044fec327f638d35f4a782.jpg the hands are on the TAG and Omega

dkennyken likes this.
  5. dkennyken Oct 27, 2014

Yay, confirmed cal 1441

[​IMG][​IMG]