Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Pro 300m bracelet clasp clicking noise?

1. Newbie112 Jun 28, 2020

Hi all,

Am thrilled to have just purchased my first luxury watch (the Seamaster Pro 300m black dial and metal bracelet) and it’s a truly stunning piece, am so happy! However, I’ve noticed that the clasp, when I press down on it or even press on the side of it when it’s on my wrist makes a noticeable clicking noise. The sound is near-identical to the one in this video (
    ) and is most audible when I press down on the Right side of the clasp (ie below the omega logo) when it is on my wrist. I bought it from an OB in London and had the bracelet adjusted there and then. Did they maybe not adjust the links properly hence the (unusual?) noise, or is this just standard on these metal bracelets? Apologies if this is a stupid question but am new to the world of Luxury watches!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

2. Newbie112 Jun 29, 2020

Any advice on this?

3. Bugbait Jun 29, 2020

In the video it sounds like metal on metal play due to tolerance gaps inside the clasp. Don't own a Rolex so not sure how normal that is for that watch.

I just performed a similar test on my X-33 titanium bracelet. If the bracelet is on the skinniest part of my wrist and has a decent amount of slack (sized for summer and sports) then I can hear a clicking sound when I tap it at the Omega long end. A bit quieter but that may be due to the titanium versus steel. I can see it's clearly coming from the clasp (logo side) tapping against the connecting link underneath. This seems normal to me given the amount of bracelet slack. If I move the bracelet to a thicker pat of my wrist right near my hand then the sound goes away since the light tapping isn't enough to push the clasp into the link.

Unlike the video where the sound seems to be metal on metal collision inside the clasp, mine is clasp to link (perfectly normal). I guess you'll have to see if yours is internal or external to the clasp. Observe to see if the sound is being caused by the clasp end hitting the link underneath. Best check is to make sure there is little to no slack on the bracelet when you tap the clasp.

4. Newbie112 Jun 29, 2020

Thanks for this detailed response, really do appreciate it as I'm v new to this! Yes, when I press the whole watch tighter against my wrist the sound does become much more muted when I push lightly. When I tap lightly, as opposed to more forcefully pressing, there is no sound. I'm probably just being v OCD given that this is my first luxury watch purchase. Next time I'm in town will probably pop into the OB to compare mine to the display units and see if the sound is present on them too. Thanks again!