Forums Latest Members
  1. idolavi Jul 18, 2018

Hey guys,
    I've been interested in the following watch, meeting the seller tomorrow for an inspection at my local watch guy.
    In the meanwhile, I'd appreciate your insight.
    Does it look original to you?
    Does the strap look original?
    Owner says he bought the watch at the end of 2008, was offered either strap or bracelet and chose the strap.
    Comes with the warranty card but no box and asking around $2000.

Thanks in advance! IMG_5574.JPG IMG_5577.JPG IMG_5575.JPG

2. AnotherDon Jul 18, 2018

The strap is probably an OEM Omega strap given how well it fits at the lugs and it is on an Omega deployant clasp. The watch looks legit.
    What you want to do is make sure that the Watch No. on the warranty card (blacked out in the photos) matches the laser engraved serial number etched into the back of the lug near "7" on the dial. If that matches, you'll be good to go.

3. idolavi Jul 19, 2018

Thanks!
    What do you think of the pricing?

4. nurseford25 Jul 19, 2018

Pricing seems fair to me considering all of the above mentioned things check out. Just remember this watch may need servicing soon just based on age so factor that in.

5. idolavi Jul 19, 2018

Great. Thanks!

6. sevykor Aug 4, 2018

Looks legit and price is great, but be ready for the 2500C vs 2500D thumping. Opening the back would give you more proof. The serial number on the movement will match the lugs on the watch too. Service is a good idea too.