Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL 2500D warrantied full set with micro-adjust clasp mod

1. msp1518 Sep 18, 2017

Letting go of my Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm, still 2 years on Factory warranty (until July 14 2019). This is the full set with box, cards, the book and with all extra links, plus Omega travel case and some straps. Everything pictured included.

PLUS the addition of the micro-adjusting clasp (same as on the Seamaster 300 Coaxial) that some members have have also had done. The mod completely transforms how the watch wears, especially during the summer. Original clasp included, of course.

This watch was one of the last new original Planet Oceans to be sold. I purchased it new from Govberg July of last year so the Omega warranty is valid until July 14, 2019. I doubt there are any others out there with that much time left.

This past summer I did a lot of traveling overseas and on the way back went through three airports and two train stations. Security in all of them and so my watch became magnetized (as any watch can). I went to Omega and dropped it off to be looked it. They demagnetized it, made sure it was running fine and sent it back. Note the paperwork stating 2500D and what was done. The red Omega Travel Case they gave me is included. Yes, the watch is absolutely running within COSC now. No problems. I do not have a timer, but when against my Gshock or my iPhone it's easily in line.

The bracelet and clasp have light desk diver scratches, as any would. I specifically told Omega not to brush or polish anything.

The only reason for selling is I am going to be working 10 months out of 12 in China over the next three years and I cannot risk bringing this watch with me when my insurance company refuses to cover it for any loss while in China or the surrounding SE Asian nations. I am not rich so I can't take such a risk. And frankly, I think it's just too big for my wrist. The 8500 is absurdly large but I thought the 2500 would suit me better. As sexy as it is, I have never gotten used to its height.

$2950 wire transfer or 3100 Pay-Pal shipping included in USA (you need references for Pay-Pal). If it doesn't sell it will go into my safety deposit box until I get back. Yes you can find the PO for a bit under that, I know. But not the full set with original warranty and the adjustable clasp. This is really priced to sell. I paid a lot more then what I am asking. If you don't know me I am on YouTube and can provide countless references.

Thanks for reading and looking. I appreciate it.

007.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 008.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg
    Edited Sep 23, 2017
  2. msp1518 Sep 23, 2017

Bump. Updated price.

3. msp1518 Oct 4, 2017

Bump. Leaving for China October 9 so last call.