Forums Latest Members
  1. seamonster Respectable Member Jul 17, 2013

Respectable Members

This is an exceptionally uncommon Omega Seamaster and what do you think about it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-196...016059845?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item20d5364fc5Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

A friend of mine has shown some interest and he would like to know, what Omega bracelet will go along with it, even though I think a leather-band looks good enough for the watch.

Thank-you.

zzz.JPG
  2. ulackfocus Jul 17, 2013

First, it isn't a Constellation - it's a Seamaster.

Second, it's not that uncommon - many of us own them in varying metals.

Third, it's not a badly refinished case and an original dial. The caseback is a bit polished, and opinions will vary on how far is too far.

I'd say he should be prepared to go $650, give or take. Gold capped is the least expensive of these models. If it were stainless it would sell for more.

3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 17, 2013

Here's one option for bracelet -

[​IMG]

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 17, 2013

I know I don't get out a lot but that is the first cyclops I have seen on a Seamaster :(

5. seamonster Respectable Member Jul 17, 2013

Respectable Member ulackfocus

I am terribly sorry, for thinking it is a Constellation. I must have been half-asleep or probably, my eye-sight is impaired, since the 'Use By Date' is long over.

I shall inform my friend, your opinion about the watch.

Thank-you.

6. seamonster Respectable Member Jul 17, 2013

Respectable Member Alpha

It looks good on bracelet, too. Surely, my friend will be happy to get the watch and later on, source for a nice bracelet, like yours. However for me, I always love a watch with a leather-band.

Thank-you.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 17, 2013

I as this the Chronometer version and these have been going for bit more, I would expect it to sell for $850 - 1000. Additionally, the seller, Ronnie Shroff, is a highly respected seller and a member here and PP. Dial is original. The cyclops is uncommon, but I have seen several, Omega did offer this option. Lugs are 19mm and take a BOR just fine. I would call the Chronometer version Uncommon, but not exceptional uncommon. The Solid Gold ones are very rare.

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 17, 2013

Here is a SS non chronometer version on an Omega 1098 bracelet.
    [​IMG]

fskywalker, Longbow and Dablitzer like this.
  9. seamonster Respectable Member Jul 17, 2013

Respectable Member cicindela

I think, my friend should concentrate on getting the watch, first. Only later on, he should source for the bracelet, since getting an excellent condition bracelet is not going to be easy. It appears I am amongst those few who do not fancy a bracelet, while there are many others, who prefer to wear their vintage-watch with one.

I think so too, the seller is a respectable eBayer.

Thank-you.

10. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 17, 2013

My 750 has one. You can't get the correct one now, so despite mine being scratched to *@#k, I spent two hours sanding it down with papers from 640 grade, all the way to 1 micron lapping paper, then finishing off with Polywatch.

750.jpg
    fskywalker and Alpha like this.
  11. Melhadary Jul 17, 2013

Dear Respectable Member Seamonster,

For your reference, here's my "pleasantly purchased barn-find" 1971 SS 168.023, cal. 751 on original SS bracelet 1069 with 524 end-links, purchased at $750. Non-cyclops
    SM 168.023 SS - 1.jpg $T2eC16ZHJGkFFm3NY)VRBRmsi+whRQ~~60_57.JPG

Thank you

12. seamonster Respectable Member Jul 18, 2013

Respectable Member Melhadary

A 'barn-find' is always exceptionally desirable, since it comes in virtually unmolested condition.

You are one of those lucky few.

Thank-you.