Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Midsize Quartz Issue

1. Omegablade May 25, 2019

Hi all, newbie to the forum, thanks for allowing me in:).
    I have a Seamaster Midsize Quartz purchased in the UK in 2005, have never had it serviced and changed the battery twice myself in that time. The other day it suddenly stopped again but did not give me the end of life indication where by the second hand jumps five seconds, or so, at a time (which it did do previously). I subsequently changed the battery and it didn`t work so purchased another battery, tried that and it also did not work. I then noticed that when I screwed out the crown, it didn`t appear to change the date wheel when half pulled out and also was a bit stiff when fully pulled out, and turned all three hands (including the second hand) at once?
    I contacted an Omega service centre in Perth the following day and the gentleman was quite informative and told me that I should service the quartz watch at least every seven years, and he verbally quoted me a service fee of AUD$650 over the phone but said that they would give me a firm quote once I brought the watch in and they see it.
    Just wondered if anyone else had experienced a similar problem, and do you think it is worth doing that on a midsize quartz?
    Regards,
    Gary

2. fastfras May 25, 2019

I certainly think it's worth the money to have the SM serviced. Whether you chose to send it to an Omega service centre or a good local repair guy is your choice.

As far as the issue you are experiencing? There are far more experienced here who will likely chime in with their thoughts.

Good fortune with your repair.

3. Omegablade May 25, 2019

Thanks, I think it`s worth it too, especially as it was a gift from my wife.

The service centre I got in touch with is: https://allabouttime.com.au/

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 26, 2019

This probably has a Cal. 1538 inside, and to be honest rather than servicing the movement, they will likely replace it if they are an Omega service center.

5. Akendo May 26, 2019

This happened to my 2006 Aqua Terra Quartz. Cost £350 and they replaced the movement and crown. Returned as new with 2 year warranty and a nice light polish. Well worth it.