Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Midsize 2561.80, Bezel is stuck.

1. milacay Jul 19, 2017

I am new to watch and I just bought my first Omega Seamaster Midsize 2561.80 from Ebay. Is the bezel supposed to move for this model 2561.80? I tried both direction and the bezel couldn't even move a bit.

Please let me whether this model's bezel should or shouldn't move.
    Thank you,

2. wsfarrell Jul 19, 2017

Bezel should move freely.

3. milacay Jul 19, 2017

Thank you for confirming. It looked like the seller shipped me the defective one.

4. Buck2466 Jul 19, 2017

It's probably not defective. The previous owner may have never turned it while owning it and also may have never cleaned the watch. Over the years the gunk built up under the bezel and prevents it from turning. Take it to a competent watchmaker and have it serviced, it is probably due for a complete service. Generally, anyone on this site when buying a used watch, automatically sends it off to their watchmaker to get it serviced, one for peace of mind, and two not knowing the service history. Always factor in a service when purchasing a used watch.

Edited Jul 19, 2017
    milacay and thatonewatchdude like this.
  5. thatonewatchdude Jul 19, 2017

Where are you located?

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 20, 2017

Counter clockwise only....it should not move freely in both directions.

To the OP - often these get packed with dirt, so taking it to someone who has the correct tools to remove the bezel is a good idea. Make sure to ask how they will remove it - I've seen a lot of watches damaged by someone prying the bezel off with a case knife. There are specific tools from Omega that make this job quick and risk free.

[​IMG]

Since this is quartz it likely won't need a service in the same way a mechanical watch does, but it would probably be a good idea to get it pressure tested at the same time you get the bezel repaired.

Cheers, Al

milacay likes this.
  7. milacay Jul 20, 2017

Everyone, thank you for the response. I took it to the watch store and the guy confirmed that is nothing wrong the bezel. Like you mentioned, "previous owner may have never turned it while owning...", so the bezel is stuck and is not moving freely. I could turn it with a great deal of force on my fingers. The watch repair guy said that I don't have to fix it, I just need to turn it more often and it will be loosen up more.