Omega Seamaster from the 1970s, or is it?

Hi all, great to be on the forum - long time lover of Omegas here. My interest was ignited by my Uncle's (now deceased) pre-moon 1 owner Speedy - when I get a chance to get my hands on it I'll post it here for you all to see - we still have the original till receipt!

When I graduated in 2001 I was bought a mid-size quartz Seamaster by my Dad. A couple of years ago I ruined it with oven cleaner, I got fat so the band didn't fit then the batter ran out so it got stuck in a drawer. At Christmas I decided to get it fixed so it's been off to the Jewelers for a very expensive service and fix.

Anyway - I got the bug and got reading these forums and I just need to grow a collection. So after the wife vetoed a nice new Tudor I got looking on eBay and picked up this little beauty. I bought it because I liked the ay it looked and because I felt able to wear it, not because I thought it was cheap (though I am happy with the price I paid) or an investment but I'd love the knowledgeable of you to let me know what you think I have...

What I am supposed to have is a 1970s Seamaster Model Serial No. 166.0202 SP on a Cal 1022 Automatic Date 17 Jewels movement. The condition is, for a watch older than me, excellent.

So to the questions - it doesn't have a Seamaster back - should it? Does it look roughly genuine? Anything not in keeping with what it is supposed to be? Can't find any other watches online with that colored dial. Not a lot on the Omega official IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0263.JPG IMG_0264.JPG IMG_0265.JPG IMG_0266.JPG IMG_0262.JPG webpages about it.

Any information gratefully received. Otherwise it will be found on my wrist until my other watch returns and I put it on its newly ordered Toshi strap!

Do you have a photo of the inside face of the caseback?

It looks very Omega
Google: "Omega 166.0202"
You will find plenty of information.

It looks very Omega
Google: "Omega 166.0202"
You will find plenty of information.
Thanks I have and will look again. So is Your feeling that this Watch is roughly legit?

I do now.... Dosn;t look very 'omega' does it?
Well it would if you turned it upside down.

I ordered a Toshi strap for my 2001 mid size sea master and it arrived before I got it back, so I stuck it on this watch. At last , it feels like I have proper strap on it, I like the way it looks a feels, now I need to order another for the other watch. Brown or burgundy I’m thinking ... 2AA56990-FD66-44F9-BE50-5B94178088F7.jpeg 9C1E29FD-94B7-4D4D-A434-6CE95E47B8AE.jpeg 4D210876-E177-4424-91F4-459B6141A2DB.jpeg

Yours is redialed, the common style from Korea.
Yep, I think it’s a franken- I still enjoy wearing it and I got the price down so I’m still happy. It wasn’t expensive. The new strap is great too