Forums Latest Members
  1. Kapka Dec 20, 2017

I agree, that dial looks very much as it could be in gold. Some sort of De Ville- De Luxe version. In that case in my opinion it sounds quite interesting. I have seen many De Ville watches in steel and gold caped, few 18k gold ones but never one with a golden dial. Worth to check up i think. Good luck.

2. Kapka Dec 20, 2017

As for the hands, I think they are actually also correct. They usually came with black painted markers. Here is few of mine.

Screenshot_20171221-004125.jpg Screenshot_20171221-004035.jpg
  3. Davidt Dec 20, 2017

Different. Your dial have lume dots on the hour markers so should have lumed hands. The OPs dial has no lume.

ConElPueblo, efauser and hoipolloi like this.
  4. Dennis88 Dec 28, 2017

So took the watch to a watchmaker who opened it up. Here's the rundown, including what we already knew and what some suspected:

-Case is marked 18k
    -Dial is also marked 18k
    -Crystal is a replacement. An original replacement would cost about $150
    -Hands are original to the watch (according to him)
    -Movement has a serial starting with 212, which places it in 1964 (haven't been able to confirm this yet)
    -Movement is in overall good condition. The main wheel needs to be replaced, which would be the biggest part of a service. Cost would be around $200 total.

I took some pictures while it was opened up. Still have to purchase the watch, but I'm inclined to do so now, but need some opinions from here before I pull the trigger (particularly about the price to offer)

IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0800.JPG IMG_0802.JPG

Dennis

Candle00 likes this.
  5. Dennis88 Dec 28, 2017

Have done a little bit of research in getting this watch as original as possible. Is it correct that it would need a crystal with omega part number 063PZ5072? What about the crown? I presume it needs an 18K crown that might be hard to get?

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 29, 2017

Crystal is no where near $150 - BTW the correct crystal is not the one you mentioned here:

It's a 063PX5072, and the current replacement crown would be a 069SX42531, but that is PVD coated and not 18 k gold.

Curious what is meant by the "main wheel" needing replacement? I hope the watchmaker has noted that the pinion on the rotor is worn and needs replacing - rotor has been scraping the case back based on the marks I see on it. With the work and parts these watches often need, $200 for a service is very cheap...too cheap...suppose they are making up a bit by charging a lot for the crystal.

Cheers, Al

7. Dennis88 Dec 30, 2017

Thanks for the correct references. I do see an 18K crown listed on eBay, would that technically be correct?

As for the watch itself, I believe this is the same reference (in better condition), which gives me an idea how to make it look as original as possible:

http://www.vintagegoldwatches.com/product/omega-seamaster-deville-18k-pink-1966/

Question remains, what to pay, now that we now it's an 18K dial?

8. Noddyman Dec 30, 2017

I’ve already given you my opinion and having a gold dial doesn’t make a great deal of difference.
    The one you link to is a typical dealer price for a watch in very good condition. As a private sale you could probably knock off a third or more.
    Here are some recent eBay ‘sold listings’ for similar watches.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...458701?hash=item3af91be78d:g:3NgAAOSwyYFaIH81Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auth-OMEG...243904?hash=item33dbd11180:g:AkAAAOSwpvZaF9wEPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...514277?hash=item41ca749d25:g:A38AAOSwY4pZZwEOPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    You also need to take into consideration that yours has a wrong crown, hands and probably needs a service.