Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster DeVille (Cal 321) Chrono - 145.005-67 - serviced

1. ewand Feb 5, 2018

I bought this Seamaster 321 from another OF member a while back; it needed a service so it went to the master, Simon Freese, about 7 months ago, but it's not getting a lot of time on the wrist so I feel it could be time to pass it on.

It's an honest, gracefully aged watch which looks great on a variety of straps (I had it on a blue leather one for a while and loved that), or on the Omega 1503/1 Beads of Rice bracelet that it is offered with. As with all the watches I've sold, I'm going to draw attention to everything that's wrong with it, as seasoned collectors will appreciate the virtues that are clear from the photos and provenance.

IMG_0407.JPG

Dial - original T Swiss Made T silver dial, applied silver hour markets and Omega logo. There's some slight discoloration & aging, and a scratch at 1 o'clock.

Hands - original tritium, steel hands - there's a slight bronzy hue to the base of the hour hand in some lights, and the Chrono hand may have had the tip taken off it as it's a little short of the marks.

Case - has been polished in the past, but still looks sharp and rust-free. The "Waterproof" and "Seamaster" insignia on the case back are barely visible.

Movement - Omega Cal 321, serial 24million so it's likely from 1967 (and the case back denotes the watch as a 145.005-67 too). It's been serviced by Simon Freese and is guaranteed until December 2018. Everything works.

Bracelet - Omega 1503/1 steel beads of rice bracelet - not original to the watch but in period; clasp has a bit of a dent but it's in otherwise good shape. I have spare links that should take it to about a 20cm / 8" wrist.

I'm asking a sale price of £2,750 net to me, including delivery in the UK. I'm in the London area (and usually at the Time4APint GTGs) so would be happy to meet face to face if you'd like a look at the watch.
    International delivery can be arranged at additional expense; Paypal or other fees ditto.

I've got some history of selling on OF and eBay, but I'm a collector for pleasure so only sell to thin the herd. Please, ask questions, make me offers if you'd like.

OK, so more pics. The ones with the oak table background are in natural light, the ones with white background are with diffused LED light so can be a bit harsh.

IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG
  2. ewand Feb 5, 2018

Here it is on that blue strap, and a tan one...
    upload_2018-2-5_15-40-7.png
    upload_2018-2-5_15-41-11.png

Vagante, GregH, Nathan1967 and 2 others like this.
  3. ewand Feb 5, 2018

Stage 1 didn't take long, even if stage 2 is more like a few weeks :)

Thanks OF and soon-to-be-buyer!

Nathan1967, oddboy and RJwatches like this.
  4. ewand Mar 5, 2018

Back on the market - let met explain:

- Prospective buyer spotted that the crown wasn't sitting right - on closer inspection, it looks like the stem was bent.
    - So I gave it back to Simon Freese to have it sorted, which he has now done...
    ... but in the meantime, the buyer couldn't help himself, blew all of his cash on drugs & hookers (probably, I don't really know what he spent the money on, but suffice to say, it's not this watch) and therefore some other lucky punter now gets to snap it up.

In summary - £2,750 net to me please, including UK delivery. International shipping will be a bit more, but we can talk about that.
    I'll be at Time4aPint on the 20th in London so could conclude the deal then, or could potentially meet F2F in San Francisco next week if anyone over there wanted to swoop.

5. ewand Mar 5, 2018

OHPF - thanks again for the interest, and to OF for the platform.

Spacefruit, oddboy and RJwatches like this.