Forums Latest Members
  1. 8aryl Jun 2, 2019

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and posting for the first time. I got my hands on a mint Omega Seamaster Deville and have a couple of questions. Does anyone know when it was built, maybe some history? It says 'Türler' on the watch face, which is a watch dealer in Zurich, Switzerland. What does that mean? What's the value of this watch?

Thanks so much in advance! IMG_8621.JPG IMG_8622.JPG IMG_8623.JPG IMG_8624.JPG

2. Rochete Jun 2, 2019

It was made in the 60s. Some known dealers around the world had agreements with Omega to add their names on dial, Türler was one of those.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Jun 2, 2019

There have been dealers hiking up prices based on the Turler name being on the dial implying it’s more exclusive, it’s no different than any other Seamaster of the era so if the price is higher then other examples, it’s a needless markup

connieseamaster likes this.
  4. KAP Jun 2, 2019

The information you need is on the inside case back for the model number and on the movement as the serial number. I suggest taking it to a watchmaker to open up and get this information. You don’t want to accidentally damage the gold case and this one appears to me to be a front opening model. In that case the movement needs to be removed to access the case back.

Typically a name such as Turler on the dial costs a little more, but as JwRosenthal notes above, the higher price really doesn’t add to the functionality or aesthetic in my opinion either.

This looks like a nice example. Enjoy the watch. :)

Edited Jun 2, 2019
  5. 8aryl Jun 3, 2019

Thank you so much for all these comments! Really helpful. I'm not planning on selling it as it was family-owned since the 60ies then. Just wanted some more background information to know better what exactly I'm wearing :)

connieseamaster likes this.