Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Deville 18k Solid Gold w/Auto Date- 1960-70s - Identification?

1. Mikey Oct 18, 2015

I was given this watch by my grandfather about a year ago, it's a real nice timepiece. As far as I know, it's an Omega Seamaster Deville solid 18k gold and even had a watchmaker tell me some parts are 24k (Not sure what to believe as these and most watches weren't made in 24k for obvious reasons)

It holds time very well from wearing it for about 2 weeks straight, conditions not great as you can see by the photos but I don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've been tempted to have it restored so I can wear it as an everyday timepiece and also fit a solid 9k gold bracelet (which it originally came fitted with), however I've heard having it restored may not be a great idea and fitting a metal bracelet could damage it... So I'm in need of professional opinions.

I'll have some better pictures tomorrow and if I get the go ahead to open up the case, the cal/serial numbers.

So, can anyone identify the exact model just by these pictures and if so, the value? If not, any input is appreciated, thanks!

Edited Oct 18, 2015
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 18, 2015

First off, if you don't know when it was last serviced, don't wear it until it has been.
    I'm sure that some on the board can tell you what's inside, but part of doing research is having a watchmaker open the back so you can take pictures of the movement and inside of the case back. Once you've done that you can look up the reference number here: http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage/
    This is a very knowledgeable group and you will get a lot of answers once you've put a little effort into researching the watch.

Mikey likes this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 18, 2015

Movement comes out through the front on these.

Mikey likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 18, 2015

Definitely take it to a watchmaker, then.

5. Mikey Oct 18, 2015

Can you recommend a safe way to pop the front without damaging the watch? If there's a tool that's absolutely necessary I'll buy it.

6. Geordie Oct 18, 2015

Ive got a conni with with a back like that pain to open and the glass can easy break.

Mikey likes this.
  7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 18, 2015

Unless you know what you're doing, take it to a watchmaker.

8. Mikey Oct 18, 2015

I always repair and maintain my possessions at a professional level: phones, electronics, cars etc but looks like I'll have to give in on this one and have a professional look at it as it probably hasn't been serviced in 50 years. Simply isn't worth damaging the watch to save a couple quid.

Good advice so far, keep it rolling in :D

efauser likes this.