Forums Latest Members
  1. Temobezhiashvili Nov 1, 2017

Hello everyone

I am trying to determine whether Omega Seamaster De Ville that I found in my grandfather's stuff he left me is real or replica. I mean there are some things that add up, with what I wrote here. So here are the Pictures and maybe you can help me figure out. Like the general history which model it is, where it came from. This particular one I am familiar with the general idea about de De Ville

IMG_20171101_214034.jpg IMG_20171101_214044.jpg
    Spruce likes this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 1, 2017

Yes, its genuine.

Mid to late 1960s.

3. dan7800 Nov 1, 2017

If you plan to keep it, have someone GOOD open up the watch, service it and get its serial number. The serial will tell you everything.

Servicing will cost you a few hundred dollars, but is well worth it if you plan to keep the watch.

Gorgeous watch by the way.

4. Temobezhiashvili Nov 2, 2017

Thank you for your response, but one thing that got me doubting its genuinity was, that it doesn't have Omega sign on the back, where the original one I saw had it. On this very forum. And also how much do you think value of this would be? I saw some for 1.5K

5. Temobezhiashvili Nov 2, 2017

Thanks for your response, just the thing is whether we leave it or not, its not completely up to me, more like a family decision. But what troubles me is that, it doesn't have Omega logo on the back, right under the seahorse and neither it has omega logo on the crown.... So that raised questions. Since my grandfather was a high ranking officer in Soviet Union, and don't think he would have a fake one

6. ewand Nov 2, 2017

It won't be anything like $1.5k (despite what a few optimists on Chrono24 might think); yours looks like a gold plated mid/late 1960s job - probably CD 166.020:
    [​IMG]
    ... and it looks like you have a replacement crown.

7. Temobezhiashvili Nov 2, 2017

Thanks a lot, this was helpful indeed, could you by any chance tell me what the value of this particular one would be? Like in raw numbers, so we can decide whether to sell it or not

Edited Nov 2, 2017
  8. ewand Nov 2, 2017

I thought your grandfather left it to you...?
    If you were wondering whether it's worth getting serviced or not I'd say it's probably worth $400.

Edited Nov 2, 2017
  9. Temobezhiashvili Nov 2, 2017

He did, but you see I am from a poor family, in a very tight financial spot, so would be unfare to walk around 1000$ watch when we are struggling to pay the bills, you get me?

I ment to SELL it not buy :p its a mechanical mistake :p

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 2, 2017

If someone offers you $1000, take it and don't look back. The reality is it's worth far less. Using the reference # ewand provided, do a sold listings search, for approximate value.