Omega Seamaster Cosmic needs new day/date frame

Hi everyone. This is my first post to this forum. As you can see I'm the owner of a seamster cosmic. It's not in mint condition but still pretty sweet. It keeps near perfect time. The one thing that I can't get my mind off is the missing day/date frame. I've been skulking around on ebay looking for a cheap equivalent repair object, but so far most of them are +500$. I've also checked out new dials at ofrei.com, but they don't seem to have this particular one. So I'm wondering if anyone here know where I could get hold of this part? It's supposed to look like the picture below. Best, Olav
Case 166.035, cal 752
IMAG0236.jpg
haisya_aqsala4.JPG
It's supposed to look like this

I hate to tell you this Olav, but I think you're going to be very hard pressed finding a replacement without buying a new dial. Is there a story behind why it was removed? I mean I've seen dial furniture come loose and float around but someone's actually removed it afterwards instead of replacing it.

The story is that it's a refinished dial, and whoever did the repaint didn't put the day/date surround back.

Olav - keep your eye out on eBay for a poor condition version. Maybe you can grab it cheap and use it for spare parts.

Looks like a "Mumbai Special". Very common to see missing dial markers and date surrounds on these. I do give the Indians credit for being able to cobble together mostly correct parts into decent working movements most of the time. Sometimes the movements are full of rusty parts, so beware.

So long as one doesn't pay too much, they are a good starting point for a vintage Omega collection. Once one starts to recognize what a noce original piece looks like, these watches tend to get quickly moved along to the next owner.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa