Omega seamaster cosmic is it worth it?!

Hi everyone,

i saw this watch and was wondering what does everyone think about it.

Im a buyer I don’t have much experience but it looks in good condition to me the dial is clean and untouched and it has been serviced 6 months ago the only down side besides the buckle being aftermarket is that the watch case has been polished and the guy is asking 400 dollars excluding shipping which is an additional 40 dollars.

about the strap i see it has omega written on it is it a genuine strap or aftermarket?

what does everyone think id like to have other opinions on the matter thanks!

What’s drawing you to this watch in particular? It doesn’t look particularly appealing to me - the case is polished and the dial has some spots, amongst other things.

What’s drawing you to this watch in particular? It doesn’t look particularly appealing to me - the case is polished and the dial has some spots, amongst other things.

To be honest i like the minute markers on the dial it gives it a clean and crisp look and the date window is a must for me personally so i figured i should ask around here and see what does everyone think although i like it im not willing to over pay for it.

Buying a so-so example is never a great buy.

Take more time, investigate some of dial variations which are pretty cool with these cosmic references and try to find an example as pristine as possible - would be my advice. Even if you need to put a bit more money. You never regret a collector grade piece while you’ll quickly see the flaws (and they will bother you) in an average example.

The thread above gives you lots of examples to assess the condition of the case and dial.

Like 2
Looks like a nice Universal Geneve buckle though, probably worth $100-150 alone.

Omega strap looks genuine.
Edited:

Not a popular model, but the price isn’t crazy. It it if you like it, you have to start somewhere.

Like 1
I see that it was sold. Did you get it? It seems like at least some of the spots are on the crystal rather than the dial, since they appear in different positions in the eBay photos from different angles.

I see that it was sold. Did you get it? It seems like at least some of the spots are on the crystal rather than the dial, since they appear in different positions in the eBay photos from different angles.

Unfortunately i didn’t and someone else did but the hunt continues!