Forums Latest Members
  1. habrisbane Jun 25, 2017

Hi all,
    A guy offered me a Cosmic Automatic Crosshair but he couldn't open the case so we didn't know what caliber inside is.
    The case num is 196.017. I am trying to search but less information about this.
    Could someone tell me what's caliber should be? and year? Do you know how to open the case without the tool "107"?
    Thank you very much.

omega 2.png omega_comisc.png
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 25, 2017

I think you'll find that the case number is 136017, bad engraving and wear make it look like a nine.

The 136.017 (136.0017) used a manual wind caliber 613 with the quick-set date function.

Tool 107 is preferred but you can also remove the crown/stem and use an air pump to pop the crystal.

Your best option though is to use the services of a proficient watchmaker.

habrisbane likes this.
  3. habrisbane Jun 25, 2017

Thank you very much. But the guy said it is automatic? Is this possible? Thanks

4. habrisbane Jun 25, 2017

And with mind condition, do you know what is a reasonable price? Many thanks/

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 25, 2017

How does he know it's an auto? Tell him to research Omega case codes and educate himself.

Possible? Yes, but highly unlikely unless the dial has been changed, which is also highly unlikely.

As a general rule for that period, Omega marked automatic watch dials with "AUTOMATIC".

My reasonable price may be very different to yours, too many variables. Location, availability, "want it" factor etc.

How much is he asking?

habrisbane likes this.
  6. habrisbane Jun 26, 2017

Yes, it is manual wind. 400 USD is a litter bit too high? Thanks

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 26, 2017

The watch looks crisp and unpolished and has a period correct bracelet.

If you point out any small scratches and the marks on the dial, and explain that it will need to have a $250 service you may be able to come to a more agreeable price, but $400 USD is a bit high, but not if you want the watch.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  8. ConElPueblo Jun 26, 2017

I agree on the above. I would demand better photos to begin with - make sure the seller takes the pictures in natural lighting and from different angles, though the most important is the head-on photo of the dial. The photos in the OP looks as if they have been varnished with an antique lacquer.

habrisbane likes this.