Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000 Ref. 166.0195 ID & Value

Posts
30
Likes
246
Thank you all for the feedback. I’ve personally fallen in love with this model and also believe that views have changed on the 10XX series of Omega movements. I believe they were far better than their reputation at the time and are in fact excellent movements. They were also, in some ways, Omega's last true in-house movements before the switch to ETA and then later the adoption of the co-axial escapement. So in addition to being an extremely accurate caliber, I also appreciate the historical aspect.

 
Posts
30
Likes
246
Oh, and the first integrated bracelet watch - that was an Omega. The Omega Constellation ref. 168.045.
 
Posts
201
Likes
59
Thank you all for the feedback. I’ve personally fallen in love with this model and also believe that views have changed on the 10XX series of Omega movements. I believe they were far better than their reputation at the time and are in fact excellent movements. They were also, in some ways, Omega's last true in-house movements before the switch to ETA and then later the adoption of the co-axial escapement. So in addition to being an extremely accurate caliber, I also appreciate the historical aspect.

Where did you find such a nice example and how much would you value it for?
Love that it's a day date rather than just a date and the integrated bracelet on this looks ace!
 
Posts
432
Likes
1,044
Thank you all for the feedback. I’ve personally fallen in love with this model and also believe that views have changed on the 10XX series of Omega movements. I believe they were far better than their reputation at the time and are in fact excellent movements. They were also, in some ways, Omega's last true in-house movements before the switch to ETA and then later the adoption of the co-axial escapement. So in addition to being an extremely accurate caliber, I also appreciate the historical aspect.

This is a 166.0196 (day date) correct? With the OP watch being a 166.0195 (date only).