Omega Seamaster Chronostop Bullhead New Old Stock from 1970 with Extract of the Archive

Dear OF members!

I am proud te present ne of the rarest production Omega Chronographs of the 1960’s and 1970’s, it was produced for a very limited period of time in 1969 and remained in Omega collection for only around 18 months.

Specifications:
Brand: Omega
Model: Seamaster Chronostop Bullhead
Reference: ST 146.011-69
Year: 1970
Material: stainless steel
Dial Color: Aged 'Tropical' Rally style golden brown
Dimensions: 43 mm
Watch Movement: manual
Bracelet/Strap: New Old Stock correct Corfam strap and Omega buckle
Box/Paper: Comes with Extract of the Archive and a WRIST ICONS Handmade Leather Travel Pouch
Condition: NEW OLD STOCK

In 1969 (a good year for Omega), another chronograph was launched to sit alongside the headline-grabbing Speedmaster, but this time it catered for the Seamaster line. Developed for racing drivers - which makes the Seamaster branding confusing, but let’s just ignore that - this chronograph was rearranged to make activation easier while manhandling a race car around a circuit. For the pushers now protruding from the top of the case in the fashion of a pair of horns, the name, 'Bullhead', was coined. The watch was produced with a radical new design, which was aimed at drivers and sportsman and produced in very small numbers. which makes them extremely rare and as such highly collectible now.

The watch ran a unique configuration of the 860-calibre movement but with a date function under calibre 930, which was used in this watch and a De-Ville model only.

This quirky chronograph, originally called the Seamaster Driver ref 146.011, is another example of the vintage Omegas we love so much. Originally created in 1969, Omega sought to create an asymmetrical chronograph with auto racing in mind. Omega felt it made more sense and was more ergonomically correct to put the chronograph pushers on the top of 43mm wide case, similar to a stopwatch, and angle the dial towards the wearer. The narrower base of the case and the wider and thicker top of the case, along with the pushers that look like horns, are reminiscent of a bull’s head, hence the bullhead nickname. The crown which is located on the top center of the case, operates the manual winding Caliber 930. The other crown is located at 6 o’clock and rotates the internal bezel, and we sure are suckers for a well thought out bi-directional rotating inner bezel.

The colorful dial is a hallmark of the funky Omega chronographs of the 60’s and 70’s. Here, the dial is predominantly light brown, or chocolate, and features a checkered ring inside the rotating bezel. At the 12:00 position, the chronograph minute subdial is divided into blue, red, and black segments while the seconds subdial at 6:00 features the standard seconds hash marks. As is typical for vintage Omega chronographs, you’ll find the appropriate hands are bright orange, allowing for easing reading. All together, the Bullhead is quite legible, allowing for quick time references while nearing hairpins at 100mph in your ’73 911 RS or hitting the keyboard as a desktop hero;-).

This example came to us in completely unworn condition and apart from some light storage marks is as the day it was made and completely original there are lots of examples out there with dubious history or numerous replacement parts and redials etc, This new old stock and unworn Bullhead is clearly seen as unpolished, all original finish. The wax of the caseback is still intact, the red wax dot is intact. This watch has been opened by an watchmaker from the Omega service center only and to confirm the movement condition remained untouched and moisture free.

Dial, of course, is flawless, never been out of the case. Any blemishes you may see are on crystal only from handling. The watch is also fitted with a NOS correct Corfam perforated strap and Omega buckle. The strap is completely flat and unworn. Look at the original Omega buckle. No scratches, no wear, all original finish. The strap holes are completely new, untouched.

The watch comes with Extract of the Archive Omega Seamaster Chronostop Bullhead has been checked by a watchmaker from a Omega service center. It keeps good time.

Payment
Price: €15.000
net. EU shipping is €70.00 ROW: €145.00 Payment by wire or PayPal (Buyer covers fees).

DLT222 has verified my business credentials.

I am a watch dealer located in Amsterdam and I am not affiliated with any brand. All my watches I guarantee authenticity. F2F deals are always welcome.

References available by request or in the feedback section. I have feedback from @donkii @wristpirate @vujen Will ask for it from @WatchWalker and @@bernarddevos
I am onhttps://www.chrono24.nl/search/index.htm?customerId=22074&dosearch=true#grefhttps://omegaforums.net/threads/wouter-van-wijk-good-buyer.91773/https://omegaforums.net/threads/wouter-van-wijk-great-buyer.89588/

As with all of our pre-owned watches this watch comes with a full 12 month WRIST ICONS warranty that will be invoked from the day of purchase.

On request of potential buyer I can send high res images via wetransfer

I will offer a 48 hour inspection/approval on the watch.

Full refund only if really mis-described or not 100% authentic Rolex. If returned, watch must be in 100% exact same condition received. No returns for buyers remorse.

Please give me a DM if you have any kind of questions, I will be at your service.

Many thanks OF for the space!

WRIST ICONS
Amsterdam

Iconic watches make us tick.We love to curate vintage and pre-owned watches with proven character and like to tell their unique stories. We don’t look for average watches, we look for the quintessential watches of time.

We call these WRIST ICONS.
Edited: