Forums Latest Members

OHPF Omega Seamaster calibre 471, stunning original condition, SS, stunning cream/ rose gold marker dial

1. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 31, 2016

Evening all

It’s a heavy heart that see’s this absolutely stunning Seamsaster being offered up for sale, this is one of my personal collection watches so its really that nice and that original. It is been sold for the sole reason that I am funding the re purchase of my 18K Dennison Pie Pan form a fellow OF member.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The watch is a 1956 Seamaster calibre 471, the watch is in remarkable and untouched original condition, the case shows light wear marks and perhaps light polishing but very little signs of wear and certainly no signs of abuse.

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

The case back is the traditional heavy hippocampus screw back again in the same original and unmolested condition as the case top.

IMG_3343.JPG

The dial is the true standout item on this watch, it is a gorgeous gloss cream with matching rose gold furniture, as you can image it is simply beautiful, especially with the original rose gold hands.

The watch shares the same movement as the famous 56 Olympic watch, case has the same dimensions at 33.5mm ex crown, 36mm inc crown. The watch is presented on an original person riveted oyster bracelet, these are fetching £125 through squniky at the moment on their own, the only downside of the band is it is short so 7 ½ inch max wrist but I am happy to supply a new brown hirch genuine crocodile band and original Omega buckle as an alternative for the larger wrist collectors.

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

The watch has just been overhauled by John Senior at Obsolete watches (£165 service) , this involved a light polish of the crystal, replacement Omega crown and seals (it is a Seamaster after all) but no case work. The movement has been fully overhauled and serviced and is running pretty much on Chronometer specs. I chose not to have the case refinished as it is in such unmolested condition and I don't want to lose those sharp edges and definition of the case. Finding a 471 one Semaster in this condition is pretty rare full stop/

This is a wonderful watch, the condition is exemparly and the combination of SS case and BCT and cream gloss dial with rose gold furniture makes it one hell of a stand out watch. Every time I have worn this watch it has received the most positive of praise

FullSizeRender[3].jpg

I am looking for £825 shipped

Payment via BT or PP (gift or you cover fees), shipping (domestic or international is included in the price)

Thanks Tom

Edited Nov 1, 2016
    Ezurcc, Tritium, Vitezi and 8 others like this.
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 31, 2016

This is the watch on croc for comparison

IMG_3317.JPG IMG_3318.JPG IMG_3319.JPG

3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Oct 31, 2016

Lovely! Can we see a picture of the back?

4. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 31, 2016

Or course

IMG_3344.JPG

Vitezi and JohnSteed like this.
  5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Oct 31, 2016

Thanks!

6. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 1, 2016

Forgot to mention in the post that the movement is near perfect also, there is no wear to the plating of the movement, the rotor and the movement (like the rest of the watch) shows very little use. The crystal is the original one as fitted (with small logo)

Movement as mentioned dates the watch to 1956

Cheers Tom

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 1, 2016

Outstanding example, GLWTS!