Forums Latest Members
  1. Figge May 13, 2014

2. NT931 May 13, 2014

? bad redial ?
    The red second hand looks a bit odd too but I guess the experts should come along soon enough.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 13, 2014

My thoughts.

Clever crap photos.

After market bracelet.

Redial.

Wrong calibre?

Overpriced.

4. cristos71 May 13, 2014

Lucky it comes with a 25 year guarantee then!!

To quote the sales blurb,

´´At Auctionata, we value trust above all else. That’s why we provide buyers with a 25-year guarantee of authenticity on all items put up for auction with us. Every item available to bid for on Auctionata or on sale in our gallery has been thoroughly checked, valued and verified as genuine by our experts.´´

Daniel B likes this.
  5. Vintage May 13, 2014

Here I find some information:
    http://www.vintage-watches-collecti.../omega-seamaster-calendar-capped-bumper-1952/

Along with the strange discrepancy surrounding the serial number stamp on the movement, there is another even more obvious odd aspect to this watch. It will be noted that what should read “Calendar” on the dial is actually incorrectly printed as “Calender”.
    This is absolutely fascinating, particularly when we consider that this dial is categorically all original and exactly as it left Omega when new. How could such a glaring error happen ? Our first reaction was that this watch was produced for a market in which the word calendar was spelt as calendar, in much the same way that Americans use the spelling color instead of the British colour.

6. cristos71 May 13, 2014

Don´t believe everything you read, especially on that website. That seller is extremely articulate and sounds like he could sell sand to the Bedouin.

I see a lot of redials there, especially amongst all those double signed and perfect 1930s Omegas!

Buyer Beware-For me the wrong spelling of Calendar means redial

7. Vintage May 13, 2014

I don't say that I belive this Guy, I only say that this is the information that I found about Calender......

8. cristos71 May 13, 2014

Which is hyperbole from that seller, he says so himself.

After Googling "calender" he had no hits to show that as an alternative spelling.

Just trying to help :)

9. NT931 May 13, 2014

Yeah, that website has quite a few redials, and quite a lot of hyperbole! I encountered it back in 2012 as a newbie, and several forumers gave me good advice on why the site was to be avoided.

10. Vintage May 13, 2014

Thanks Cristos, I know , but looks as a serious seller...::book::

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 13, 2014

Most con-men are indeed very serious....about taking your money.

12. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar May 13, 2014

The description of the watch is quite amusing:
    Serial number not right ? - a mistake in stamping the number.
    Calendar spelled incorrectly? - spelling for a different market.

All I can say is that if anyone buys this watch after reading the description they qualify as an "idiot". Oh.. and if they still have any cash left over I have a bridge I would like to sell....

13. Figge May 13, 2014

Ok, thanks!
    It´s not going to be easy to find my first mechanical watch without being tricked or ripped off...........

14. NT931 May 13, 2014

Well you're off to a good start at least - you're asking around the right forum BEFORE you buy, which is better than what I did when I started!