Omega Seamaster Calendar 2627 opinion

Dear all,

I just got my hands on this Seamaster off an auction here in Switzerland. I would like to have your expert opinion on the originality of the parts. I did some research here and there and looks like to me that most of them are original (dial, hands, crown, movement), whereas I am not so sure if the BOR bracelet is correct for this Seamaster reference (number 12, 1036-11).

Would you agree with my assumptions? In general, what do you think of the watch? I find the patina very attractive, it gives the watch a nice character. I paid around 700€ for it.

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Enzo

omega-seamaster-calendar-2627-from-1950-original-omega-bor (1).jpeg omega-seamaster-calendar-2627-from-1950-original-omega-bor (2).jpeg omega-seamaster-calendar-2627-from-1950-original-omega-bor (3).jpeg omega-seamaster-calendar-2627-from-1950-original-omega-bor (4).jpeg omega-seamaster-calendar-2627-from-1950-original-omega-bor (5).jpeg omega-seamaster-calendar-2627-from-1950-original-omega-bor (6).jpeg omega-seamaster-calendar-2627-from-1950-original-omega-bor (7).jpeg
Edited:

Like 2
I don’t have any concerns regarding the parts, looks all legit and if you like the patina on the dial then there’s nothing to worry about.

The BoR is from a later period and technically not correct for the watch, but if you like it that wouldn’t bother me. If you don’t, it’ll be another 200€ or so in your pocket. Enough to get a great leather strap, an original clasp and a dinner for two during which you can wear the watch. :)

Like 6
Quoted member MtV
I don’t have any concerns regarding the parts, looks all legit and if you like the patina on the dial then there’s nothing to worry about.

The BoR is from a later period and technically not correct for the watch, but if you like it that wouldn’t bother me. If you don’t, it’ll be another 200€ or so in your pocket. Enough to get a great leather strap, an original clasp and a dinner for two during which you can wear the watch. :)

Thanks for your contribution, indeed I had some doubts about the BOR for this reference. I think I’ll stick to it since it gives it an even bolder look!

And do you happen to know if there’s a way to check if the lume on the dial is radium? Besides using a Geiger counter

Thanks for your contribution, indeed I had some doubts about the BOR for this reference. I think I’ll stick to it since it gives it an even bolder look!

And do you happen to know if there’s a way to check if the lume on the dial is radium? Besides using a Geiger counter

Are you having doubts if the lume is original? If it is - and it looks ok to me - then it’ll be radium. Tritium was introduced ~a decade later.

Like 1
Any thoughts how such patina develops? Does it start like the dots on this dial and gradually expand outwards? While at first I wasn’t crazy about OP Watch patina the more I look the better I like it. IMG_3632.jpeg

Wouldn't worry about the radium unless you're in the habit of licking watch dials

Your hair won't fall out and your balls won't glow

trust me

ScreenShot020.gif

Quoted member DON
Wouldn't worry about the radium unless you're in the habit of licking watch dials

Your hair won't fall out and your balls won't glow

trust me

ScreenShot020.gif

My hair is already falling out, but glowing balls would be a great party trick.