Forums Latest Members
  1. hkr2086 Apr 7, 2012

2. ulackfocus Apr 7, 2012

Welcome! It looks like authentic parts, just maybe not ones that all came together from Bienne. We call that a franken. One of the tip offs is the different color of the parts in the movement, which usually means some have been replaced. That dial might have come from an earlier watch with a 50x series caliber from the late 50's, or at least that's what the fonts lead me to believe. The serial number dates the watch to 1962, which corresponds with the 62 on the caseback. It sure is a really good looking franken! If it runs well and you like it I wouldn't worry too much. Only if you plan on reselling it does the value to a collector come into play.

Wait for other opinions to be sure.

3. hkr2086 Apr 8, 2012

Ok thx for the info. And its a relieve That it has a real Omega movement even though it has some replacement parts. After all the watch is at least 50 years old :)

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 11, 2012

I think the dial was refinished. By looking at the m (in Seamaster), I believe the the guy did not do a good job. AUTOMATIC has pointed top A's and that's not a good sign, either. The second hand is too short, the crown is not for a Seamaster.

[​IMG]

and Omega did make dials with crosshair in those days.

Best.

dsio likes this.
  5. hkr2086 Apr 12, 2012

Ok so pointed "A" bad, and flat top "A" good. If i'm reading this correctly. Since you mentioned crosshair dial is there a purpose for that or is it just a design?

6. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 12, 2012

Because you wrote "...Since I don't see any watches from the database that has a cross dial. "
    =============
    AUTOMATIC with pointed top or flat top A's help you determine the authenticity of a dial.

Certainly, some experienced redialers know it and make it look perfectly the same, some don't and some make it too flat.....

7. hkr2086 Apr 12, 2012

Okay thank you for the feedback.