Forums Latest Members
  1. WYO_Watch Feb 18, 2017

I stumbled across a seamaster with, what looks to me, an unusually wide but attractive stainless steel case. I have read through numerous forums including the learning to fish thread. I would still appreciate some insight here. Unfortunately there aren't many photos - and I don't know the measurements of the case. The seller is out of town so he can't get them for me. The crown looks original, and the case doesn't look polished or in too rough of shape. The dial looks good and I have attempted to match it with others, but it is a little harder when I just know the movement. The back of the watch does not have the seamaster serpent and he also does not have any photos of the watch back or the movement. He did send me a photo of a service receipt but it just says "seamaster" and doesn't really show anywhere that it was actually serviced.

Does it look legitimate? It's less than $500 and I believe would fit in my small collection well on a new strap. Opinions, insults, and suggestions welcome.
    question.jpg Question 1.jpg Question 2.jpg

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 18, 2017

"Seamaster" looks like it was written with a sharpie. Refinished dial?

3. WYO_Watch Feb 18, 2017

The script does look pretty thick, but it looks relatively similar to the Omega lettering above. But then again if its a refinished dial all the script could be larger.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 18, 2017

Poorly refinished dial. Seamaster not even close.

PASS

5. WYO_Watch Feb 18, 2017

Is the case original? I would like to add the reference number to my wish list if anyone can recognize it.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 18, 2017

Case looks fine, however there were numerous references which used basically the same style of case.

7. WYO_Watch Feb 18, 2017

Everyday I log on to OF I just learn about how little I know haha. I liked the fact that the silver ring (not bezel?) around the dial was so thick. I will keep my eyes peeled for a truer example. Thanks for the help gang.

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 19, 2017

Am I the only one who has a problem with sellers who take watch photos on a carpet? It's probably not a problem but I always wonder if carpet fibers can and will make their way into vintage watches. Every time I see it, I don't bother to go any farther.

9. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Feb 19, 2017

I don't believe the bracelet goes with the watch, either. I don't think it's an Omega bracelet at all.

(Just saying so because while the bracelet on my first Omega was indeed an Omega bracelet, it was for a different line of watches and from a different decade.)

10. WYO_Watch Feb 19, 2017

Definitely not an original - I would have been switching that out promptly. Unfortunately with the fact that I have been told it is a pretty obvious redial I don't think it's worth the investment.

For the price I was excited, but I think I would rather save for a truer piece. I love that case though...

ahartfie likes this.
  11. WYO_Watch Feb 19, 2017

I won't lie - looking at photos of watches (even some on this forum) where I see hair absolutely disgusts me. A stray hair dangling on a watch is worse than finding it in food...

12. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Feb 20, 2017

For your own preservation, do not visit the hirsute haven thread! :eek:

WYO_Watch likes this.
  13. WYO_Watch Feb 20, 2017

Duly noted...