Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Bullhead Rio 2016

1. maxtor71 Jul 2, 2015

These have just hit my local boutiques and as surprised as I was to see pictures of this new Bullhead, it was an even bigger surprise in person.

My reaction to the pictures was an almighty 'meh', and I even recently said in another thread on OF, that Omega should have stopped with the three reissues. In person though, it was quite charming. The dial, strap and stitching combine to make it one of the most colorful watches I have ever seen. This is the only thing I was concerned about as I love the current Bullhead (I have the black dial version and adore it). I won't go so far as saying that the Rio is 'tastefully' done but it looks and feels refreshing.

The boutique folks let me walk around with it for a bit (okay it was longer than that) and every time I looked at it, I smiled to myself. It's just charming and considering the 45-degrees heat of the UAE at the moment, I'll say it's a nice little summer watch. Out here it is more expensive than the other three Bullheads because it's more limited - just 316 pieces and there, I think, they've overreached a bit as it's US $9,000 retail. It's not an instant love affair for me but there's potential for an acquisition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Jul 2, 2015
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 2, 2015

I was the same... Meh!

But it looks quite cool...$9k is off the chain though!

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 2, 2015

I have to say I like the fact that they've muted the olympic rings in it, my favourite Rio edition so far is actually the Mark II with the gold, silver and bronze subdials, that's both really tasteful and really nicely executed.

[​IMG]

4. cristos71 Jul 2, 2015

Does absolutely nothing for me and the more versions I see the more diluted the bullhead kudos becomes :thumbsdown:

lenny likes this.
  5. maxtor71 Jul 5, 2015

It's Omega so I'm not surprised to see yet another LE come out. I've gotten over the whole diluted thing considering that's kind of what most brands are doing these days.

Max

6. Superdoc Jul 5, 2015

I may consider this Rio Bullhead after I see it on the brown leather...
    Otherwise too much bright blue...
    The white dial of the first 3 remains my favourite

7. Fer Seamaster Jul 7, 2015

Good info... Hence, I do not like them ;)

kurtj29 likes this.
  8. gee_cee Jul 12, 2015

I've seen a couple of these in the flesh and call me picky but I find the bronze & gold a bit too similar in terms of colour/tone..