Forums Latest Members
  1. C.R. Hoedeman Sep 3, 2012

Hello forumusers,

This watch is as you say 'under considiration'. I'm thinking of buying this beautifull time piece here in the Netherlands. I'm hoping you guys could tell me some more about it. It is advertised as fully original with a '18mm Di-modell' wrist band, the diameter of the watch is 33mm.

Some things I would like to know, when was it manufactured? Is it really fully original and could you possibly give me some indication of it's value?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Christian

osm01.jpg osm02.jpg osm03.jpg osm04.jpg
  2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

See if you can get good photos of the inner case back and movement. It is otherwise difficult to say anything other than that the dial appears to be original and in nice condition, and the case minimally polished.

3. C.R. Hoedeman Sep 3, 2012

Hey Adam,

Thanks for your quick reply, the seller doesn't have the tools to open the case so unfortunately he can't send me any pictures of the movement and the innerside of the case.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

Nice case though a bit small. Watch is from about 1960 give or take a few years. Dial looks refinished (too white and missing the minute hash marks). Value would be $800-1200 at auction. As a collector, I wouldn't be interested in the watch because of the dial and the fact it is not a chronometer. For a watch to wear it's not so bad but wouldn't pay above the price range I specified - these watches are not difficult to find on ebay.

5. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

If indeed a redial, they captured the fonts pretty well; it's not an eyesore by any means like many around.

Here is my contemporaneous cal. 268 Seamaster for comparison.

[​IMG]

6. ulackfocus Sep 3, 2012

Agreed on the redial. I've owned quite a few of these and the font is ever so slightly off. That's a very late 50's or very early 60's piece. Could be a caliber 50x, 591, or 55x. If it's a 591 inside an 18ct solid gold case it's only the second one I've seen other than mine. That caliber was only made for one year (1960) as a stop gap between the 50x and 5x series.

7. C.R. Hoedeman Sep 5, 2012

Thanks all for the quick and informative responses!
    I think I'll pass on this one and keep on digging up more information about these old Omega's. I will probably be looking out for a nice piece, mint and all original and maybe golden.

Cheers!
    Chris

8. C.R. Hoedeman Oct 1, 2012

Update:
    I found another Omega 18k gold..
    http://link.marktplaats.nl/600439799

I've also uploaded a file with a pic from the inside.
    What do you guys think? Good condition? Value?

wat.JPG
  9. C.R. Hoedeman Oct 1, 2012

Looks like something happened with the dial also on this one

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 1, 2012