Forums Latest Members
  1. johnnymavrik Nov 30, 2015

Hi all.

My mother in law was throwing out (donating) a bag of old watches and asked me if I wanted any of them first.

Of course I grabbed the Omega and thought with a little TLC this might make a nice watch. I had a local watch repair guy take a look and he found out that it had some water/rust damage and that the winding mechanism needed repaired/replaced. A few months later I've got a nice (I hope) watch back.

My question though is..is this a legit Omega watch? If so, does anyone know anything about the original price and other info? Just looking for some history on it.

Thanks!

20151130_121041.jpg 20151130_121100.jpg
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 30, 2015

From the outside it looks legit. Looks to be from late 1980's or early 1990's.

Omega made a lot of models. Most of the people on this forum are not familiar with Omega's offerings from this time period.

My suggestion would be to take it to an Omega Boutique near you and see if they have a watchmaker on staff who could open it up and give you some information about it.

If you do not have access to a boutique, then take it a watchmaker who can open it up safely. Take good quality photos and post them here

We'll do our best.
    gatorcpa

3. johnnymavrik Nov 30, 2015

Thanks. My camera ability on my cell phone is limited, as you can see.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 30, 2015

If you are using a smartphone, get one of the free photo apps. They are great.
    gatorcpa

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 30, 2015

A camera is only as good as the operator.