Omega Seamaster - A guide to special dials

Really pleased with this recent acquisition that features a dial configuration that hasn’t been posted. Pie pan dial, crosshairs and coat hanger S, housed in a 14k gold case 😀

Really pleased with this recent acquisition that features a dial configuration that hasn’t been posted. Pie pan dial, crosshairs and coat hanger S, housed in a 14k gold case 😀

This is not a pie pan dial.

This is not a pie pan dial.

I wouldn’t call it a dome dial either. The central circular portion is elevated. I’ve seen this kind of dial referred to as a pie pan dial but I guess it might not meet the criteria (angled facets etc) Whatever the label, it looks sharp!
Edited:

I've called mine a dome and pan dial in the past, there are also actual pie pans to bake that are smooth on the edges, so I'll vote neutral

This is another example of the applied arabic numerals dial mainly produced for the UK. The watch is a case refererence 166.002 with a cal. 565, serial in the 25.345 thousands. Having the top of the gold numerals painted black and letting the gold colour peek through from the sides is a clever touch.

P7300610-k.JPG
P7300621-k2.JPG

Wow, another amazing and helpful thread! Thanks a lot of the work put in!

This beauty arrived yesterday so I thought I would share on this thread (14761 SC 61)

20230805_114427.jpg

Have you ever seen these Seamaster dials, especially the first one with white (?) wordings... Found on local ads.
IMG_1300.jpeg IMG_1301.jpeg

Have you ever seen these Seamaster dials, especially the first one with white (?) wordings... Found on local ads.
IMG_1300.jpeg IMG_1301.jpeg

Do you have more pictures of the first one?
The second one is a quite well known version.

Ah shame, I'd love to see other pictures of it. We'll have to wait until another one surfaces. 😀

great thread and thanks for all the research. I am always a little anxious about special dials as almost all of them are in better than average condition. maybe it is just that deterioration on these looks so bad the dial or watch gets scrapped or a replacement is put on.

Just had my grandad's watch passed down to me. Don't know too much about it, but it's a striking piece.