Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300m Chrono 44mm

1. KingTriton32 Jan 20, 2016

I just purchased this watch yesterday, and have noticed that there are very few reviews on it. Plenty on the ENTZ, but few on this model. She's got a 3330 caliber movment, an ETA 7750 mod.

Anyone had any experiences with this watch, concerns? I'm pretty excited to get it in the mail later this week.

Seamaster.jpg Seamaster2.jpg
    karlwb likes this.
  2. italy1861 Jan 20, 2016

If the 3330 is anything like the 1164, which was also a modified ETA7750 it's going to be a reliable movement. I tried one of these on at the boutique, it's a tank! Very rugged tool watch and one of the few which allows the use of the chronograph buttons under water. I'm sure you'll love it! Here's a review of the non co-axial version from one of our own forum members if your interested:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-professional-chronograph-review.117/

KingTriton32 likes this.
  3. KingTriton32 Jan 20, 2016

Thanks for the feedback and link! Appreciate the help.

4. KingTriton32 Jan 25, 2016

Got the watch in on Saturday. She's a thick one, and slightly more flashy than I anticipated, but a gorgeous piece. The ceramic bezel makes a huge difference, and as much as I liked the wavy dial of my last chrono, the laqured finish is much cleaner. I would highly recommend this piece to anyone.

omega.jpg
    karlwb likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 25, 2016

They're a very solid and dependable piece, very resistant to wear too with that bezel, nice choice of watch there!

KingTriton32 likes this.
  6. keepschanging Jan 26, 2016

Hello from a slightly more complicated sister, with the caliber 3603.

Has joined me for a few dives to about 25 metres, swimming and various other activites, not even a scratch. Keeping about 1 second per day.

And I have been able to halve my gym workout, as I don't need to do weights on my left arm! ;)

image.jpg
  7. z1109r Jan 26, 2016

Ou-yeah, I got one of those::psy::

KingTriton32 likes this.
  8. KingTriton32 Jan 26, 2016

Beautiful piece. I love GMTs, and it is actually a complication I would use frequently for work travel... My next purchase will likely be a PO with a GMT.

9. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Nov 25, 2016

And looks great on rubber :)

image.jpeg
    KingTriton32 and Sanmilc like this.
  10. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 25, 2016

I should imagine any 7750 variant should be pretty robust. The base movement isn't exactly small and delicate so there should be scope for making the parts beefy enough to last. This IMO is the main downside but is in keeping with current Omega in house practice of making movements which are much thicker than 10 years ago meaning their watches are much thicker also and wear less unobtrusively.

KingTriton32 likes this.
  11. rightrower Nov 25, 2016

Congrats on your purchase. Though I have no seamaster chrono, knowning that it is 7750 variant. It is a beast and a workhorse. Servicing cost should be lower since most accomplished watchmaker can service it easily.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

KingTriton32 likes this.
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 25, 2016

Considering this one is co-axial, servicing options will be more limited than a regular Swiss lever escapement would be. You would need to choose your service provider carefully and make sure they have been trained by Omega how to service the escapement.

Cheers, Al

KingTriton32 and rightrower like this.
  13. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Nov 25, 2016

Would I be right in thinking that the majority of 7750 based movements retain the 6 - 9 - 12 subdial configuration (as in calibre 1154/1164 models) and that Omega has fairly extensively modified the base movement to derive the 3330 and other 3 - 6 - 9 derivatives?

KingTriton32 likes this.
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 25, 2016

On the train side of the 3330 movement (the side that goes against your wrist, known in watchmaking terms as the top plate - yes it can be a little counterintuitive at first) the minute recorder is in the same place as it is on the regular 7750 variants. But rather than use a finger that trips the minute recorder once per minute, they use reduction gearing on the train side to make the minute recorder turn more slowly, and constantly. They then press a drive wheel onto the minute recorder post on the dial side (this wheel must be replaced at every service per Omega specs) and by adding a few additional wheels on the dial side they relocate the actual counter with the hand to it's new location.

Some would consider the replacement of the indexing minute counter with one that runs constantly as a detriment (more difficult to tell which minute you are on when timing something), and considering the added wheels on the dial side required to move the counter some additional backlash issues can be seen. As is the case with every movement, all these design choices are a series of compromises.

Cheers, Al

KingTriton32 and Mouse_at_Large like this.
  15. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Nov 25, 2016

I didn't know that the "jump" minute recording had altered to "running" minutes. Perfect explanation in terms that even a technically challenged old bugger like me can understand.

KingTriton32 likes this.
  16. Chad365 Jun 19, 2019

Hi Newbie here , sorry for reviving an old thread and feel free to redirect me somewhere if needed . But I have a similar watch different color. My question is how do you get the gmt hand to the desired position? Without messing the date up.
    Included pics !! With original omega yellow nato and blue iridescent zuludiver :))

D28D276B-E53D-44C9-A6EE-D6598A6144A5.jpeg 762D8699-D294-465B-97FF-BEB210B861B1.jpeg
    AntonisCy likes this.
  17. dinexus Jun 19, 2019

I've always loved this generation of the 300 Chrono, and have almost jumped on the GMT variant several times, but a thicc boi, that one.

Congrats on your pickup.