Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300 sapphire Crystal

1. Matt1995 Feb 3, 2020

Hi all

I am just looking to see if anyone has for a sale or knows where one can be purchased.

I am after a replacement sapphire crystal for my Omega Seamaster 300 from 2014. I would like an official crystal but will settle for a non genuine if I have too. Can anyone please help as to where i can buy one.

Any help will be appreciated.

This is the model i have:
    [​IMG]

Matt

2. mjb Feb 3, 2020

Curious am I if Matt intends to replace it himself.

I believe that Omega only sells replacement parts to authorized repair facilities. That's what I was told many years ago, and it may have changed.

Me personally, I'd send it to Archer and let him do it, and do it right.

3. Meme-Dweller Feb 3, 2020

Send it to Nesbit's and have the order you a replacement sapphire. Don't disrespect your watch and yourself by ordering a non-genuine sapphire.

4. Donn Chambers Feb 3, 2020

You won’t be able to find a genuine replacement crystal on the free market for cheaper than you’d pay through an Omega service center or watchmaker with a parts account. If you find one, it’ll either be marked up, not genuine, or both!

How badly is it damaged that you need a new crystal? Because if it’s cracked all the way through, you’ll need a service as well. If you’ve just scratched the anti-reflective coating, I’d recommend either living with it until the service, or investigate how to remove the coating.

5. Donn Chambers Feb 3, 2020

BTW, if it hasn’t been serviced, it’s getting close to the time it probably should be anyway.