Forums Latest Members
  1. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux Nov 8, 2012

Ive bought and then sold so many of the SM300s 'cos something else came along' that I decided this time to build one and keep it... so I have one being built up for me by a watchmaker and its a keeper... no really... er... ok, I will actually promise this time I will keep it and it will be a daily wear... :D

watch3s likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 8, 2012

I sold it to fund this one: http://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-stepped-pie-pan-2627-review.1678/

No regrets! =D

watch3s likes this.
  3. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux Nov 8, 2012

Oh dont get me wrong, I never regretted the purchases, I just missed the sm300 each time. I find the sm300 to be the perfect everyday and holiday watch, especially if you build one and use a new case as its solid and dependable and has WR etc. Slimline and good looking and nicer than a modern SMP etc etc.

4. MyVintageOmega Nov 20, 2012

[​IMG]..............I can't for a moment or contemplate for a secound to part with my SM300........and if I ever did I'am confident I would just be tasked to get another.....out of sheer love of the watch.

5. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 20, 2012

Respectable Member MyVintageOmega

It will be difficult for someone with such a spectacular example to find any reason to part with this classic factory-original beauty with a naturally-grown patina, barring fire-sale or old age - when his eyesight fails him.

Just to test the waters, try putting it up for sale with 'highest offer gets' and more than probably, you will be inundated with lots of offers that you will find difficult to refuse. Whatever still, you will hold tight to this beauty-queen that will never age.

Thank-you.

6. watchlover07 Mar 3, 2014

Very nice and useful review. Thx. This could be my next purchase :)

7. Hijak Mar 3, 2014

This thread helped me decide to get one of these and did so recently...
    Wrist Shot, 2.JPG

Excellent review with excellent pictures.:thumbsup:

And yes the lume is very good.

Lume Shot.JPG

OMGRLX, Nitzbar and watchthirst like this.
  8. watchlover07 Mar 4, 2014

Hi all, I am searching for a new watch. I almost pulled the trigger on a 42mm PO. I have some hesitation because I do not like the valve crown on the PO en Seamaster Professional. I owned the GMT for a while but it was not a keeper. Recently I read some posts here and on WUS about the Seamaster 300 Watchco version. IMO a beautiful watch with a vintage look. One piece is for sale here and located within the EU. I like the watch but something does not feel good yet. The price is about € 1.800 for a watch without warrantee in the EU from a distributer and what puzzles me is that there are some doubts whether Omega would consider this watch as a genuine Omega watch or not. Yesterday I read on WUS that a member has ordered the watch and Customs in Germany consider the watch, after some research via Omega, as a fake Omega Seamaster?! Thread
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/watchco-sm300-final-verdict-omega-558085.html. This was discussion in 2011. My question is: will Omega service this watch when needed or not. Are there some experiences about it. Furthermore what do you think is a reasonable value for a vintage looking watch built from NOS genuine Omega watch parts.

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 4, 2014

As to whether Omega will service it, not sure, but I would never send it to them, its a cheap to service movement at any independent.

10. om9c Mar 16, 2014

Great job Ash & Trev. A perfect review & collection of pics from both of you.

11. Jpmoran11 Mar 13, 2016

I really want this watch. And it is kind of different that I'm putting it together. I'm not hung up on the vintage stigma. Everything is omega. Everything is correct. I'm doing it . Little by Little I'm getting these things. I only hope supply doesn't beat me to the finish line.

watch3s, OMGRLX and cicindela like this.
  12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 13, 2016

Just built mine. Don't know why I waited so long. You won't regret it.

13. wx_073 Mar 13, 2016

Thanks really great post and pics!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. alam Mar 13, 2016

a dedicated post on this coming up? ::popcorn::

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 13, 2016

Nope, plenty of SM 300 posts already, made it to WRUW and that's it,:p

16. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Apr 6, 2016

Both posts written Oct 9, 2011

You guys were spot on with what was coming in the future.

17. relaxer7 Apr 14, 2016

great review - very informative!

18. Prange May 11, 2016

Outstanding review. Thanks.

19. Kwijibo May 19, 2016

why are my post all deleted?

20. roel1955 May 22, 2016

Good post, nice bracelet also