Omega Seamaster 300 Diver - Second hand keeps stopping

The seconds hand tip does look like it has an upward curve to it. It’s plausible the hand is touching the underside of the crystal; however, the crystal looks evenly pressed, so if the hand is touching the crystal, I would imagine it’s dragging along the entire circumference of it. For the hand to habitually stop in that location, there is a reason but I’m not confident the crystal is why. Do you know if your company commissioned Omega to customize the dial or if this was done by a third party?

As far as I'm aware, this was done by a third party which, if everyone is right here, COULD be part of the issue (and possibly part of the issue in getting a warranty repair carried out).

Regarding the dragging along the inside of the crystal circumference, this feels like the watch should lose time, which I'm not sure it does when it IS working fine.

Stupid question, but can I check that I'm winding it correctly? I unscrew the crown, it 'pops' out. I then pull it to the first position and screw clockwise.

I only ask because I wonder whether it's just running out of charge? Not sure why it should be stopping at the 12 all the time though.

Stupid question, but can I check that I'm winding it correctly? I unscrew the crown, it 'pops' out. I then pull it to the first position and screw clockwise.
When you unscrew the crown completely, it should naturally be in the position for winding. Position one would be for time setting and position two for date change.

With the crown unscrewed, you wind it this way
IMG_2985.jpeg

You don’t need to fully wind it with the crown. A handful of winds is enough to get it going and then once on the wrist, the automatic rotor will help you from there and keep it topped up. We can’t say for certain what could cause these issues, but they can be addressed by Omega. The dial modification would have voided the warranty, so any repair would be out of pocket. As mentioned earlier, you can always bring this to the attention of the employer to see if they will help.

Like 1
The seconds hand tip does look like it has an upward curve to it. It’s plausible the hand is touching the underside of the crystal; however, the crystal looks evenly pressed, so if the hand is touching the crystal, I would imagine it’s dragging along the entire circumference of it. For the hand to habitually stop in that location there is a reason, but I’m not confident the crystal is why.
But to my eyes, so does the watch in the photo by P4ul?

From the op's photos it's hard to see that either end of the second hand is catching on anything but surely if there was a physical snag it would happen on every rotation?
It's a new watch, you've got the warranty papers, take it to an Omega dealer.

As far as I'm aware, this was done by a third party which, if everyone is right here, COULD be part of the issue (and possibly part of the issue in getting a warranty repair carried out).

Regarding the dragging along the inside of the crystal circumference, this feels like the watch should lose time, which I'm not sure it does when it IS working fine.

I only ask because I wonder whether it's just running out of charge? Not sure why it should be stopping at the 12 all the time though.

@Scarecrow Boat beat me to it but yes, as soon as the crown releases from unscrewing it that's your winding position.

And also yes, the second's hand does look to be slightly upward at the pointer end.

Talk to your boss about them covering it otherwise find a reputable watchmaker and get that beauty up and running.

It's a new watch, you've got the warranty papers, take it to an Omega dealer.
The only hang up with this is the watch was modified by a third party, which would have voided the warranty.

Like 1
The only hang up with this is the watch was modified by a third party, which would have voided the warranty.
Well without knowing for sure how Omega's local dealer will react it seems to me that the op needs some help to sort the problem 'cos we can talk about it without solving whatever problem is causing the stickage.

If the company that did the logoing had the equipment and ability to take the watch entirely apart, and if they have done this before and have a working relationship with companies for the purpose of adding logos to watch dials, I would think that they would probably be willing to take care of the issue? Definitely talk to your boss.

Like 2
If the company that did the logoing had the equipment and ability to take the watch entirely apart, and if they have done this before and have a working relationship with companies for the purpose of adding logos to watch dials, I would think that they would probably be willing to take care of the issue? Definitely talk to your boss.

Yeah, I do hear you...problem is this was sent from the States to the UK and took about a month to get here. Adding potentially 2-3 months in transit back and forth is going to be problematic.

Yeah, I do hear you...problem is this was sent from the States to the UK and took about a month to get here. Adding potentially 2-3 months in transit back and forth is going to be problematic.

Sounds like the perfect reason to buy a new watch. ;)

From what you have said your boss would want you to be happy, might tell you to get it looked at here in the UK?

Well, I'm not sure how you're going to get away from some sort of delay to get this corrected no matter what route you take. Talking to your boss seems like a good idea though because he can at least provide additional answers and possibly additional options.

Like 1
The seconds hand doesn’t appear to be pressed on as far as I would expect it to be...so this could be causing the tip of the hand to touch the underside of the crystal.

Like 8
The seconds hand doesn’t appear to be pressed on as far as I would expect it to be...so this could be causing the tip of the hand to touch the underside of the crystal.

there’s your answer.

I was blind, now I see.

Obvious now you have highlighted it!! :thumbsup:

Easy fix, just visit a good local watchmaker and for way less money than shipping out and in again insured.